Thread: snow day?

Intermediate Adventurer Newstar's Avatar

snow day?

This is the 4th snow day I've had in a week. Overall, I really don't mind the snow. One would think it could be productive since technically, I do work from home and have plenty of paperwork to catch up on. I could also catch up on laundry, house cleaning, etc. In fact, my kitchen counters badly need wiping down but I've been very lazy and prefer to curl up on the couch and read a book. I've done nothing constructive!

For those of us house bound, what have you done? What do you miss by being stuck in? Me? I want the mail to come.

I've been out of work since the new year and have just loved being home all day with nothing that must be done!

I've done some small handyman jobs, I've bottled a batch of wine, I've done a lot of Surfing the web and I've worked on some motorcycle related stuff for the upcoming riding season.

Beside shoveling snow I've keep a pretty steady workout schedule in the basement gym since the new year. And with all the snow the snowshoes have gotten a work out.

All is great except cash is running low!

jason
    Jason Kaplitz
    Johnstown, Pa
    Laurel Highlands BMW Riders #294

Although I don't have any snow, and the rain has been intermittent enough that I could be out doing some worthwhile riding, instead I have been working hard on the Vintage club's new website. I'm hoping to finish testing the credit card gateway this weekend and then maybe we can go live next week.

Of course, going live means that I'll have to be around a lot to watch for the inevitable teething problems.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Brett
    After another foot of snow yesterday now at 3.5 feet it became Bloody Mary Wednesday at our house

Quote Originally Posted by Brettendress View Post
    After another foot of snow yesterday now at 3.5 feet it became Bloody Mary Wednesday at our house
    Brett,
    It's it always Bloody Mary day at your house isn't it?

jason
    Jason Kaplitz
    Johnstown, Pa
    Laurel Highlands BMW Riders #294

I've been going through old photo's, fired up my scanner as a lot of my old phots are starting to fade away. I saving them on a disc for now. Then I started a predigital thread. That and shoveling snow.
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

We dodged a bullet here.

They were predicting the usual apocolyptic destruction and we got barely a dusting.... others further south not so lucky
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

We got about an inch or two recently.

My driveway (mile long dirt road in the woods) became a snow drift ranging from 8"-30" of snow.

I drive a 2wd truck. I had some "fun" for a few hours the other night.