• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

snow day?

tmoyer

Intermediate Adventurer
This is the 4th snow day I've had in a week. Overall, I really don't mind the snow. One would think it could be productive since technically, I do work from home and have plenty of paperwork to catch up on. I could also catch up on laundry, house cleaning, etc. In fact, my kitchen counters badly need wiping down but I've been very lazy and prefer to curl up on the couch and read a book. I've done nothing constructive!

For those of us house bound, what have you done? What do you miss by being stuck in? Me? I want the mail to come.

I've been out of work since the new year and have just loved being home all day with nothing that must be done!

I've done some small handyman jobs, I've bottled a batch of wine, I've done a lot of Surfing the web and I've worked on some motorcycle related stuff for the upcoming riding season.

Beside shoveling snow I've keep a pretty steady workout schedule in the basement gym since the new year. And with all the snow the snowshoes have gotten a work out.

All is great except cash is running low!

jason

Although I don't have any snow, and the rain has been intermittent enough that I could be out doing some worthwhile riding, instead I have been working hard on the Vintage club's new website. I'm hoping to finish testing the credit card gateway this weekend and then maybe we can go live next week.

Of course, going live means that I'll have to be around a lot to watch for the inevitable teething problems.

I've been going through old photo's, fired up my scanner as a lot of my old phots are starting to fade away. I saving them on a disc for now. Then I started a predigital thread. That and shoveling snow.

We dodged a bullet here.

They were predicting the usual apocolyptic destruction and we got barely a dusting.... others further south not so lucky

We got about an inch or two recently.

My driveway (mile long dirt road in the woods) became a snow drift ranging from 8"-30" of snow.

I drive a 2wd truck. I had some "fun" for a few hours the other night.

Back