• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pre-Digital photo's only!!!

This thread needed a bump. I never did get this bonnie running right but it looked damn good in my garage!

Attachments

• bonnie.jpg
    bonnie.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 332
Posing with my first new BMW in March 0f 1984:

84R100new.jpg

Spring 1987. me posing with my first bike (on the right) and the 79 T140E Bonneville i'd just brought home.

that first Triumph (a T120, i think) was the realization of a life-long dream to own one. i bought it for 250.00! that winter, it melted when my house burned down. everyone who showed up at the fire (i was away) was so concerned that my roomie might be inside the burning structure- (he wasn't) that they were too preoccupied to simply roll my bike away from the house! turns out it had been wrecked badly and was cobbled back together. all the bondo popped out of the lousy weld job in the heat of the fire. that frame had about an inch of bow in it. always seemed a bit "loose", but i rode it like i stole it. at 75 MPH it vibrated so badly i could barely see! that 650 motor was strong like bull however, & the thing always fired right up.

the 79, i kept until this past November. rode the heck out of it! it was also super reliable- i wouldn't have hesitated to get on it and go anywhere. i eventually DID lose that sissy bar- a stock Triumph item.

P1060377.jpg

My 1974 Rickman Honda that I built from a Frame Kit.
Many Honda Racing CR750 parts, Yoshimura 812cc.

Somebody liked it better than me as it was stolen in 1978, never saw it again!

Attachments

• My Rickman 2.jpg
    My Rickman 2.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 266
That's me to the left on my 1973 GT-750 Suzuki, the water buffalo. Summer of 1977 I believe. In 1978 I would discover BMW's when I saw my first R-90-S, Daytona with red stripping. I could not afford itd at the time and instead purchased a R-80/7 with free bags and fairing for a wopping $3100.00

Attachments

• 1977, me at the end on mt GT-750 Suzuki the water buffalo 001.jpg
    1977, me at the end on mt GT-750 Suzuki the water buffalo 001.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 230
2 of my older bikes

I got 2 photos handy of some of the previous bikes I owned.

1974 Suzuki GT380, first bike that I owned and learned on.1974 Suzuki GT380.jpg

And one of the later one 1983 Yamaha Venture Royal , before I jumped to Beemers
Venture Royal 1983.jpg

At the Beartooth Rendezvous, some years ago. It was quite a chore getting the bike to this parking spot:

img093-XL.jpg

Our happy little gang, in front of the cabin, at the Rendezvous. The guy behind my brother Hans (seated), Bob, co-prosecuted Arlo Looking Cloud and John Graham for the murder of Anna-Mae Pictou Aquash, which took place after the Wounded Knee standoff. He's a judge in South Dakota now:

img094-XL.jpg

My brother calls this the Bob, Bob, Bob, and Bob shot.

Last edited:
1975 gl1000

Jacwal Superwedge 75 GL1000 001 (640x508).jpg

In 1976 I installed the Jacwal Supewedge on my 75 GL1000. I couldn't afford to paint the fairing at the time so I just ran it with the black gelcoat. It was a frame mount type. The windshield and hand protectors (not mounted yet) turned with the bars which was a bit weird at first. Road that bike to San Diego from Michigan 2 months later. The first year GL did not have a grease zirk fitting at the coupling near the rear differential. Lifetime fill LOL. It stripped itself out @ 13000 miles while passing through Holbrook AZ, 1000 miles past the warranty. A BMW rider and his buddy living in Holbrook helped me get it trucked to the Honda shop in Snowflake, AZ. Thanks guy, if you are still out there. The '76 GL model included that zirk fitting. I have not bought a "first year" model bike since.

PS I only drank the one Heiney on that hot summer day 37 years ago. Honest!

Here is a shot in about 1971 of my Kawasaki 400 triple and for the life of me I can not remember the name of that fairing but it was awsome.
Kawasaki-400-2.jpg

Mike

That fairing was made by the Jacwal company and was called a Superwedge. Made in CA circa 1976-78ish. Yours has the hand protectors mounted and a nice paint and stripe job. I had one too though not as nicely done up as that one.

:wow Look at those happy moments you have, LOL...... In order to look cooler, why don't use some Bokeh tools to make some more handsome photos with the motor. Such as GIMP, PS watermark tool or PicMonkey. Then you can easily blur the unwanted scene.

Mid 80s in Woodsville NH.
My Grandfather is behind the bike and I'm getting ready to give the neighbor lady a short ride.

Mid_80s_Woodsville_NH_Large_.jpg

Cape Cod 1979
Taking Debbie's college roommate mother for a ride.

1979_New_England_Trip_0002.jpg

Same New England trip
Woodsville NH
Giving my great aunt a ride.
1979_New_England_Trip_0003.jpg

Back