• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

twin city closed!

A strange relationship

The last I had heard Harley and BMW were co-existing at one dealership in Grand Junction,Co. anyone know of these two pairing up elsewhere?

Bergen County HD in NJ now sells BMW. Montgomeryville Cycle Center outside of Philly (west) sells a bunch of Jap brands as well as BMW.
Ron

Friday I rode my R1100rs to work. On the ride home the rain was coming down. I had forgot my riding pants so I got soaked from the knees down. When I got home I changed clothes. I put on my Twin City BMW (in Savoy il) T-shirt. I went back into town and had a drink. My homage to what was a dam good BMW shop. Some very good people worked there. Any new word on where the staff ended up.

It's sad to see another shop close. When I was shopping for a place to buy my GSA, I stopped in on day at Twin City. This was in spring '09. The shop was open, but not a single person was in it. No one. It was like they forgot to lock the doors. Finally a fellow came in the back. They were back in the shop. Anyway, I made it known that I was buying a new bike in May, and had driven over to look a two bikes, the GSA and an RT. I was never offered a test ride. Another fellow showed up, apparently a friend or whatever, and they both talked to me. But didn't seem to much interested in selling a bike.

The store is very small with not much inventory, bikes or otherwise. That would be expected given their location. I left there already deciding that I was not interested in buying from them. I went down to Gateway in St. Louis and really liked their shop. So I bought there.

I have been back to Twin City twice since. Each time I went, I was the only customer in the shop. And this was on Saturdays. Last time I was there I ask the fellow If he was selling any bikes. He said he was selling one new one a week. When I heard that, I figured he would be closing before too long.

Like others have said above, too bad this shop did not sell other brands along with BMW. Maybe it would have helped him stay in business. It had to be difficult in such a small market.

Back