• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Redmond Rally Music

Yeah, Proud Mary

My only hope is that the music is really loud and very close to the beer tent. That way, the fifteen people who typically want to dance can dance, and I don't have to worry about even trying to talk to anybody while enjoying my Miller Light.

In other words, business as usual.

Jim
:bottle

Make your request known (might be kind of late)

If you have suggestions or preferences I would make them know to the rally music chair. Wait ... no musical chairs at the rally that just what happens when you get up an walk off someone else sits down. Portland has a vibrant live music scene and I made a couple of suggestions via the Redmond 2010 thread. Given the diversity of our membership (just check out the What are you listening to today thread) there is ample opportunity to disappoint someone. Mount Angel (German Farming Community) is closer to Redmond than Portland so Tubas and accordions might be heard.

Probably less Oom Pah Pah this time.

Sadly, some people just don't appreciate fine music. :stick

:rofl

Seriously though --- I hope there will be a blues artist on the bill. Other than that, I am good with just about anything.

You guys book Leo Kotke or Bob Weir then I just might have to make the ride!

even better, more fitting to the old folks in the crowd...

the WHO!:D

mbelectric

What, you didn't think I saw your post in the 2010 rally thread? :stick

Yes, I agree Tommy Castro has a nice sound. It's getting a bit late in the process for new entertainment ideas. Budgets, bookings, production costs, motel rooms. I sent your suggestion on to the entertainment chair.

He has lined up some good acts but we aren't done yet. Stay tuned.:twirl

Last edited:
Same entertainment chair. Lee Harrelson

OK, so newbie here on the <BIG> rally scene.

I'd like to know does music happen every night or just one night? One band, or multiple bands and a headliner?

Ya don't have to tell me who(yet), just what's the music schedule?

Thanks in advance.

MB>

Last edited:
The puzzle

The entertainment hasn't been finalized. We are trying to have as many nights entertainment as possible. We would like to have music every night of the rally. We would also like to provide some afternoon entertainment if possible. We would like to have multiple bands on several nights. It comes down to budget,availability, and obviously the cost of who we book.

Just a few of the factors that may shed some light on the complexity of this part of the rally is how far the group must travel, how many members in the group and how much equipment they provide and how much equipment we provide. What stage requirements do they have. How bad do we want them. Bad enought to have a particular band instead of two others?

Lee is very good at working with entertainers but it's just too early to say how it will all work out. There are many balls in the air right now and we are getting close to having it complete. There are some things that I'm sorry we just can't discuss. But it all is interconnected.

Finally, there is no right answer. Trust that we will provide excellent entertainment and a lot of it. It simply isn't the type of thing that can be decided on a forum. We all have differing ideas of what is a great act. Although some of you may be suprised when it is all complete as to how much influence the membership and forums had. I'll say this, I wouldn't and couldn't do Lee Harrelson's job. If you see him at the rally buy him a beer. He deserves it.

Music

Sadly, some people just don't appreciate fine music. :stick

:rofl

Seriously though --- I hope there will be a blues artist on the bill. Other than that, I am good with just about anything.

I'm with you Sue, love blues, I have been suggesting for several years now that we try and get Kelly Hunt, Darryl and I have seen her multiple times, she crosses ages from 8 to 80.

Last edited:
I'm with you Sue, love blues, I have been suggesting for several years now that we try and get Kelly Hunt, Darryl and I have seen her multiple times, she crosses ages from 8 to 80.
Hey Red,

You need to do less lurking and more posting here. Post count=2 :nono

For shame.:D:D:D

tb

Back