• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Saturday coffee...

B

Bruce_H

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday coffee...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02/06/2010

I rode to the "first Saturday" coffee at the BMW shop in Eugene, Oregon. Leaving here about six in the morning it was raining, my motorcycle lights cutting a path in the black for me to follow. There is other traffic as I cruise out of town, in a few miles they will be non existant. Approaching the cliffs of Cape Perpetua the hard edge of night is just starting to lift, there is no moon but I can see a little farther into the darkness. The ocean is a flat steel grey color and a little darker than the sky with breaking waves that produce an iridescent white foam as they crash onto the rocks.

A bit farther at Heceta Head the light house swings its eerie beam illuminating wisps of fog in each rotation, continuously circling, round and round. I watched, mesmerized, from my vantage point high above the ocean. There was not another living moving thing anywhere in sight, the fact it was raining hardly noticeable. There are no photos, it is a ride one just has to experience. Morning is my favorite time to ride and rain is not a deterrence.

I stayed until early afternoon talking with the other riders. In Monroe I stopped in at the "Sweet Spot" for some lunch, always a treat. It was again raining as I boarded my voyager for home. Yep, water is what makes western Oregon green and today there was plenty, about half way home the rain really got with the program, a deluge of water fell from the sky.

a daylight photo of my early morning vantage point
Heceta Head light house in the distance...

02_07_100471.jpg

Bruce, thanks for riding along...

Back