• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where you gonna go on the bike this year?

I hope so. Since it's just me going I am doing a live report on another forum but will be updating my blog and fb page as well. Eventually will copy everything here too. Advgrrl dot com has all the info if interested .

Ride safely, Leslie, and have a great trip.

If you find yourself on I-86 in NY let me know. I'm an hour west of Corning, NY, and I have a gift card to Dunkin' Donuts!

Harry

We took off march 1st and toured mexico, allready looking past it and preparing for the hual road. cooldfoot and deadhorse alaska, I thank the lord every day for keeping me in good health to follow my dreams and ride the globe. we ran the roads on my new to me 02 1150 restored, and the 2013 gs model. having second thoughts on running the haul road on the rt. the front end of that bike will be digging into the snot filled gravel mix. any thoughts from the experenced ones will be greatly app. thanks folks.

This year it will be a trip to circumnavigate the Great Lakes. Hwy 17 through Ontario to Ottawa, Quebec, Vermont, New York, Ontario, Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota. Hopefully hit the rally in St Paul right near the end, but the trip will get priority.

Riding Alaska, Yukon,NWT,BC and Alberta

Planning on a nice little ride with friends on my new R1200GS, we are going to go leave Calgary and head west to Prince Rupert and take the ferry to Skagway then Haines before heading to the top of the world highway to Dawson City Yukon. We then head north up the Dempster to Inuvik NWT, then back down the Alcan and the Campbell highway and eventually hitting the Alberta Forestry Road and take it all the way back to Calgary. After that who knows we will see.....:D:laugh

Just got home from the RA at Barber in Birmingham, AL. Leaving June 30th for a flight to Heidelberg, Germany to pick up an F 800GS from Stefan Knopf to ride down to Garmisch-Partenkirchen for Motorrad Days, then ride a few days to Eastern Austria to visit my grandfathers birthplace and friends I made there in 2009. Then home in time for the MOA Rally in St. Paul. Haven't figured out August or September yet.:dance

My wife and I went across the US and back. Our original plan was to go to Tulsa, down to Houston (visiting friends) then out through Tucson and LA, up to SF or a bit north, and come across through Denver. We had to divert north from Fort Stockton, Texas, due to not wanting to deal with the rather high late-May heat in AZ (higher than is typical) and my wife not being able to deal with the desert. All told it was a fantastic trip with lots of memories and friends visited.

I think the stand-out for me, though, was one gas and food stop early in the trip. We'd gassed-up and hit a local fast-food place for lunch (we tried to avoid these but there are some places where the options are very slim.) We had just parked near the door at the same time a minivan did so across the lot. While we were getting our gear off out of the van piled the rather young parents and two girls, both well under age 10 (I would guess around 6-8 and 5 or a little younger.) While dad walked both girls past us the younger one spotted us and exclaimed, "I didn't know girls rode motorcycles!" Well, now she does!

Back