• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where you gonna go on the bike this year?

Besides riding to/from work daily, each weekend has one day weather permitting that is devoted to riding different roads in N FL and S GA. An RTE to Tybee Is, Panama City, Ocala, etc with one or two friends. The Redmond Rally, and the Texas Hill Country this fall will be the longer rides that are planned this year.
Ride Safe :usa :usa

Well, I just got back from a run down to the BMWST Torrey event. This is a very unorganized get together in South-Central Utah. We slabbed it down because of dark clouds over our preferred route. Spent some time on local rides near Torrey, Utah 72, aka "Sweeper Madness" :brad; Utah 12 over Boulder Mountain to the Burr Trail and Escalante; and Utah 72 to Utah 10 to Utah 31 today on the way home, just a few flurries going up and down from the pass, and wind. I really needed that.:dance

Two trips I planned didn't happen this year... I am not planning another one for it to be strike three.

I've heard mixed stories about the Wisconsin Dells rally.... is it a good rally? I've never been there. Thanks.

Two trips I planned didn't happen this year... I am not planning another one for it to be strike three.

I've heard mixed stories about the Wisconsin Dells rally.... is it a good rally? I've never been there. Thanks.

It is the BEST! It's our 40th and we're planning a great Rally. Stay tuned, bmwgsrider. Hopefully, we'll have another womens seminar like last year. And the roads are great in that part of the state. Keep your eyes posted on the regional forum in August. I'll be posting info there.

It is the BEST! It's our 40th and we're planning a great Rally. Stay tuned, bmwgsrider. Hopefully, we'll have another womens seminar like last year. And the roads are great in that part of the state. Keep your eyes posted on the regional forum in August. I'll be posting info there.

Thanks. I'll be watching for the posting.

Trips planned and registrations paid: Georgia Mountain Rally, Great Chicken Rally, ROK Rally, MOA Rally. Others planned in between, plus a ride up and down the Blue Ridge Parkway.

What Happened: Back Surgery, all trips are off till late in the year....BUMMER

Black Hills to Santa Fe solo

Taking my first solo trip in years! Kind of scared and kind of excited. Got to get the tunes loaded to keep my alert! Anyone have some suggestions for long stretches of prairie!?

Went Cross Country 11870 KM

My Ride Report is in my signature...next year maybe Arctic Circle because we & :bikes

Taking my first solo trip in years! Kind of scared and kind of excited. Got to get the tunes loaded to keep my alert! Anyone have some suggestions for long stretches of prairie!?

Ahhhh..... the lovely looonnnggggg straight stretches of road in eastern Montana and the Dakotas.

I sing out loud, as loud as I can or I be bop along with the electronic dance music I add to the MP3. I have discussions with myself about whatever current event pops into my head. I honk and wave and yell at cows, horses, dogs, birds, etc.
Work my way through the alphabet by looking for stuff.... asphalt, box, cow, door, ears (of corn), flower, etc etc. I usually end up cheating.

Caffeine pills help. :)

Left Jax, FL on Aug 21st for Shady Cove, OR. to pick up a 1991 Bushtec trailer in Super condition. Took the northern route out (I-80 across NB & WY is a haul in it self) with a few detours, and averaged close to 600 miles per day. Left Or via Rt140 and cut down thru NV to Rt 50 and then over to CO and the continental divide. Went S from CO to Toas, NM and the Las Vegas, NM. Left NM for Copperas Cove, TX to visit some friends and then back to Jax. Great trip ONLY 30 Minutes of Rain in 14 days and 6460 miles. The trailer tows like a dream and should see plenty of use in the coming years. I was lucky to have a friend in Daytona that gave me 3 NOS tires for the trailer, the Bushtec factory in TN did not have any 16x3.0 tires in stock. I hope to attend the Sunbeemers Rally in Venice, FL later this year and travel up to Indianapolis, IN with a friend before the cold sets in.
Ride Safe :usa :usa

CHILLY, but fine! Thanks for sharing your adventures.

Paul and I worked at the Land of Enchantment 1000 this weekend. Great fun for everyone on roads all over New Mexico.

WARNING - LOTS of pictures start here:

75 more pictures are trapped inside my camera.
More after the rider meeting at 8.

http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/nn335/Glaves/2010 Land Of Enchantment Friday/?start=all

Ira announced that the winner of this year's LOE will be the rider with
points closest to ZERO. Minimum requirements to be a finisher are to
ride 1000 miles and collect NINE bonuses. Not 10. Not 8.

pictures here:
http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/nn335/Glaves/2010 LOE Riders Meeting/?start=all

The start of the LOE. All riders departed before the sun came up!
Anticipation . . .

http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/nn335/Glaves/2010 LOE START/

Rest Bonus: Balloons, Trinity site, lost and then found wallet, Ira techs Paul and 10 miles of hail! All in a day's rally . . .
7 AM tomorrow they all return.

http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/nn335/Glaves/2010 LOE Rest Bonus/?start=all

Everyone is in and/or accounted for. 2/3 of the riders have been scored. Lunch at the Mansion and awards to follow . .
So many stories!

http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/nn335/Glaves/2010 LOE Finish/

LOE 1000 riders and staff met at the Luna Mansion for a fabulous meal and then awards. I'll leave it to the rally master to tell you who won. Clues here . . .

http://s320.photobucket.com/albums/nn335/Glaves/2010 LOE Awards at the Mansion/?start=all

rally co-master Ira Agins sMiling

P1080939.jpg

Voni
sMiling

Last edited:
Hello, Everyone,

Funny, when this thread started, I was just heading from Washington State to a bike rally in North Carolina on Millie, my '79 R80/7. She is my first BMW, and I'd put her together over that winter, got about 150 miles on her rebuild, and headed east. I've been on long rides before, but usually on a Norton Commando, so the Big Blue Beemer was a real treat! I put about 6600 miles on her that summer, and then my late husband was diagnosed with cancer, and I didn't get in any riding except from home to and from the hospital last summer. He passed away in January, 2012.

I plan to deal with it in the same manner in which I've dealt with other devastating losses: Lots and lots of riding time. The women's group with whom I ride has 6 camping trips planned for this Summer, and a friend from back east is coming out on his GS, and my little Sis in Montana wants me to visit---plus I have my latest Beemer to rebuild.

Pavement Therapy is the best, and even at the present gas prices, it's cheap compared to a shrink. Oh, and since my beautiful Granddaughters enjoy it, I am putting my sidecar on the latest BMW. They like Gramma's sidecar......and at 50 mpg, it will be my new commuter, too.

So. Trips? Lots of local Washington State trips, and maybe a circle of the western USA so I can visit my brother -in-law in Colorado and my niece in Utah, and (why not?) my cousin in N.. California. Anything to see the miles roll away beneath the tires of Millie the Big Blue Beemer!

Barb

Barb, I'm sorry for your loss - that would be devastating, indeed. You do sound like a very capable person all around, and your plans for the future are exciting.

You are right - Pavement therapy is the best!

Muriel

Back