• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'nother newby.....

Hello there, my name is Andres and I have been a member for a few weeks. I hail originally from Ecuador (South America's Ecuador) and have just returned to the US from a five year stay in France. I love off road biking (alas am not big enough for a Bimmer on that) and am the proud owner of a K1200 RS, a K1 and am currently trying to resucitate a K100 LT in France. It was going to seed but is complete so I bought it for a song. I am into sailing and seriously into car racing so, for an old git, I am pretty active.
My latest bike adventures have been ten days touring Algeria with the French club and I have riden the Baja Peninsula with Malcolm Smith twice now. I did participate in the Baja 500 as part of team a couple of years ago and did not embarass myself too badly. (these adventures were done with the WRONG kind of "K" bike ):bikes
I live in northern Ohio now, near the land of Cleves, where I am JUST delighted to be enjoying this, my first winter in five years.
I look forward to being an active member and as I am still a member of the BMW Moto Club of France, I hope I can be of service to anyone looking for Bimmer contacts over there. That club is tremendously active and very welcoming and I happen to be palsy with all the big wheels.

It is nice to have you here and it's apparent you've many tales to tell. I hope to hear some of them on this forum! I would refer to you as a bon vivant but it is obvious you're much more than that. Some great machines you have there!
JD

Welcome Andres. It sounds like you have much to contribute here. I hope we can offer something to you as well.

Ride Safe
Mike

Thanks for the welcome, Mike and James!

Jim, your rides would be on my list too but Madame Butterfly has reached her limit on the toy front....
Mike, I also have a Cooper S, currently with a well ventilated engine block which I inflicted on it while racing it at the Nurburgring last august. I also have a Mercedes sports car but mine is a 190 SL from 1960. it is also a construction zone.
In fact, I have a lot of construction zones....

Welcome! Glad you found us.

Sounds like you have lots of ride reports to share! Just start anywhere.

Voni
sMiling

Mark, let us get together this summer or as soon as the weather permits riding without dying.
Vomi.... I will start by telling y'all about Algeria. Watch this space

Cheers
Andres
:bikes

The BMWOA and SKI CLUB in now formed

One joining of a club, one introductory message on its "newbie" board; what does it get you?
A fellow member with common interests who gets you out to sample the local variety of one of those interests.
Thanks Mark (MWS) for a tremendous Saturday spent with you and Lynn at the Boston Mills ski area. Patty and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves in your home court for skiiing, really enjoyed meeting both of you and most of all, appreciated the invite and the hospitality.
Anybody else out there who enjoys skiing while not riding a bike, the BMWOA&SC is now open for business in Northeast Ohio. We even have a ski patrol member!!
Of course, considering it was almost 70 yesterday, it is time to stop doing silly things and whip out them scooters!!:dance

Back