• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Stalling Software Recall

Semper_Fi

Honey Badger
Just had it done - wow I like it!!!!

The bike is so much smoother, especially at just off throttle no abruptness.

Idles great and runs strong.

A definate driveability improvement.

Please note that i did not have an extensive stalling issues, just every once in a while if i didn't blip the throttle as I was down shifting coming to a stop.

Now it doesn't matter!

No problems. other than oil consumption. Unless I can get better than 40mpg?

I get 34-36, but then again I have never been concerned with the milage on the GT

The throttle response is significantly improved

I don't care for it. It idles to high longer than I would like

I just got 13.2 & new air box on my K12S - up from 7.1 - I had to send it back. Now I have a yellow triangle / warring light come on ever time I touch the brakes & LAMPR error code at the same time - That wasn't there before !
Better now then during riding season :banghead

I just got 13.2 & new air box on my K12S - up from 7.1 - I had to send it back. Now I have a yellow triangle / warring light come on ever time I touch the brakes & LAMPR error code at the same time - That wasn't there before !
Better now then during riding season :banghead

Did you get it fixed yet?

Had mine done. Took them longer to do the bag locks recall rekey than it did to install the new software. No stalling now. I can see/feel the rpm idle-down difference, but it doesn't bother me or the ride. So far it seems to work...:D

Luis,
I'm not sure - it led to something new - yellow triangle & LAMPR come on when brakes are aplied :nono - I did not have that before my service - so they need to fix it - before the riding season. With the $$$ - I paid for all the warrenty work - up grade parts- air box,rear brake lever,cam chain - that are not covered - Service manager & I have the same bike - he should know what's normal & what's not - I'm a bit surprised by their service on this one? I'm thinking it something with the Lite - buddies LED directional or the Clear Alt. LED brake light & the 13.2 firmware conflict - I gave the service manager Lite Buddies in NJ # & Jerry at Pirate's Lair in NC # to. I was told on Sat. - I'll get the bike back this Thur. - We'll be getting more snow on Wen. as well.

I don't care for it. It idles to high longer than I would like

I took the bike today - Wednesday it snows and the roads are fairly ok.

I took the bike out and warmed up while I dressed.

When I got back it was idling fine, 1100, 1200 iirc

When hung up in traffic later the idle was the same - I gues it is not an issue for me, what does your idle at?

When slowing down to a stop it will stay at 1500 to long. Sometimes I can ride along for awhile at 1500 rpm until I pull in the clutch to get back to 1100 or 1200.

I'm going to take it in on tues or weds, after I ride it a little more.

When slowing down to a stop it will stay at 1500 to long. Sometimes I can ride along for awhile at 1500 rpm until I pull in the clutch to get back to 1100 or 1200.

I'm going to take it in on tues or weds, after I ride it a little more.

Will check tonight on the way home will take some back roads!!

Idle RPM's

This is what happened today:

Temperature about 29

Initial start 2000 rpm

stayed there for 3-5 seconds

Went to 1800 for 3 - 5 seconds

Then stayed at 1200 whileI was putting on gloves, getting GPS the usually stuff.

Highway for 25 miles speeds ranging from 55-75

Got off highway and did back roads for about 10 miles at each stop the idle was between 1050-1100

When you roll off/clutch in from any rpm, mine immediately idles down to just under 1500, then slowly continues to back down to 1100 and stays steady. Doesn't seem to affect power delivery...

Mine will do that clod but when warmed up goes right to 1100 ish

Ranges between 1050-1200, but closer to 1100

Back