• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New owner/rider in Wash DC area

piperjim

Just bought my first bike, a BMW R1100RS!

Recently moved to the Washington DC area (Alexandria, VA). Kids are grown, wife's OK with me livin' the dream, so I'm ready to have some fun. :clap

Looking forward to learning about these great bikes, will connect with the local BMW club and get involved.

Hoping to get a move back to beautiful Colorado in a couple of years and ride the mountains!! In the meantime, looks like some great scenery in this region, too!!

Thanks,
piperjim

You're right about that, Tracy!! We had 2' of snow here in Alexandria. I'm just dreaming of warm weather....hope it's not too far away!! This is giving me time to think about any new gear/accessories that I need, but that's a poor substitute for riding!! :brow

Thanks,

piperjim

Welcome to the area! I grew up in Alexandria, currently live outside Baltimore. Some beautiful riding to be had west of us... Not nearly as amazing as in Colorado, but it is what we've got.

I'm sitting here looking out at almost 3 feet of snow... and waiting for our court to be plowed. Getting to work tomorrow is going to be an adventure.

Hubby - guitardad - has an '94 R1100RS, which he's currently modifying for long distance riding (he got bitten by the LD bug) - adding an auxillary gas tank. The local BMW club members (BMWBMW) are a great resource for all sorts of knowledge, and we have fun too!

P

Last edited:
Welcome! That kind of snow is what drove me out of the DC area after living there, off and on, for 35 years. The Blue Ridge Parkway is a wonderful ride.

Welcome! That kind of snow is what drove me out of the DC area after living there, off and on, for 35 years. The Blue Ridge Parkway is a wonderful ride.

Eh.:whistle We only get this sort of Snowmageddon once in 10-15 years. A royal PITA while its here. Not life threatening like living in the tornado belt.

P

Welcome piperjim...great to have you on board with us. You have a great bike and it sounds like a great local group to get into. Good luck to all you and everyone up there digging out..Think Spring!!!

Back