Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: QST, QST, QST - taking BMW-Net Check-in Now.

Quote Originally Posted by jaachap View Post
    Not to be a buzz killer, but what does this have to do with bmws?....
    J
    It's in Campfire, not hateful and not obscene. Not religion, politics, or guns. So it's OK.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

ham and politics

I saw an article that the government is trying to shut down ham radio operators. I haven't been on the air for several years and have not kept up with issues of ham radio. Any remarks to this. I hope this is a proper post. If not delete it.

Addicted to windshields Realshelby's Avatar
    The "government" can stop Amateur Radio any time it wants. There was and probably still is some pressure to give up or share some of the higher frequencies to phone, internet, and other services. But this has been going on for years.
    Using these frequencies is still the best way to "keep" these frequencies.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Ham radio is frequently dismissed as a they still have that hobby. Maybe that is the reason someone felt they had to ask.... essentially, why the thread?

Some reading here may help with understanding-

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/9228945/ns...after-katrina/

Its now less complicated to obtain an Amateur Radio license. Pure communication in a time of need or just for fun. 0000 00
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I went straight to General, but only have VHF/UHF capability right now. Im teaching myself Morse code and will be picking up an Icom IC-7300 for HF. Id like to stuff it in a Pelican case and bring it to rallies once they resume.
    KF0ADW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Fastman | KF0ADW
    '86 R65, '96 R1100RS, '04 K1200RS, '13 K1300S 30th Anniversary, '16 R1200GSA - ALL SOLD
    Current ride - '19 R1250GSA
    The most notable thing you can leave for posterity is your name...signed Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Fastman View Post
    I went straight to General, but only have VHF/UHF capability right now. Im teaching myself Morse code and will be picking up an Icom IC-7300 for HF. Id like to stuff it in a Pelican case and bring it to rallies once they resume.
    KF0ADW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    All reports on the Icom 7300 have been fantastic. Pretty easy to throw a wire antenna up most anywhere there is a couple of trees.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Qsl

K1ELG QTH Snoqualmie, WA 73s!

KM6SWL Dave Johnson Cville, Va Baofeng handheld
    Dave Johnson
    Esmont. VA.
    2004 BMW R1150RT-P

6 meters has been fun lately. I had a real nice contact with Newfoundland this morning. If you can get on 6 meters, 50.125 USB is a great place to monitor for activity.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200