• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

QST, QST, QST - taking BMW-Net Check-in Now.

Thought I would give this thread a “bump”. I have noticed a number of members with their call in their sig line.
DE WB1GIW
Gary

Congratulations to those new to Amateur Radio.

Try to ignore the old :fart that will/may bitch at you for being a “no-coder”. Like a lot of hobbies/activities, there are some grumpy people stuck in the past.

OM

de KF4BY

Just discovered this thread even though I've been in the MOA for ears. Been a ham for about 55 years. In the past I operated MC Mobile with an ICOM IC-706MkIIG on the old R11RT. I don't have a pony in the garage at the moment but that's about to change.....

Is there an HF net that meets on a regular basis? Will the "BMW Hams" have a meet and greet at the National in Great Falls this year?

73, Stan

The rally and ARRL Field Day overlap this year. I briefly considered bringing my IC-705 and an EFHW up with me, but think I’ll pass. It’s a long way to haul equipment to make a few QSOs.

....duh

Well this just proves that some of us old guys can't remember "squat"..... Hi!
I see I responded back in 2015....

KDT5964

I know it's not HAM, but how many folks out there were issued a CB call letters. I was in high school at the time and it was just before the truckers got hold of it. 10-4 and out of here...

KDT5964

I know it's not HAM, but how many folks out there were issued a CB call letters. I was in high school at the time and it was just before the truckers got hold of it. 10-4 and out of here...

I had CB license. Seems to me it was a paid deal back in the day. I don’t recall my assigned call letters. It was so much fun and led to my HAM radio license.
OM

I had CB license. Seems to me it was a paid deal back in the day. I don’t recall my assigned call letters. It was so much fun and led to my HAM radio license.
OM

Yes, there was a fee for the license, and if memory serves it had to be renewed every three years or so.
Back before the band got crowded...uh popular...it was fun to see how far you could talk on just five watts. When the conditions were right, we would communicate with folks on the west coast and even South America for brief periods. Big excitement for a small town boy in the 1960's!

Back