• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

QST, QST, QST - taking BMW-Net Check-in Now.

Craig, KB2ZPT

Echolink is very cool. I had a nice chat with two guys on the Isle of Mann a few weeks ago by "echolinking" into their local 2M repeater.

Not motorcycle mobile yet either, but considering mounting my VX-8R or getting an FTM-10SR for MC use.

I thought I'd give this a bump, just in case any new members had an interest in Amateur (ham) Radio. .-- -... .---- --. .. .--

I give up. What's the clue?
The clue is, well, the best example is Hurricane Katrina. With all the comm links down, if they had had CB radios they would be in better shape. Hi-Tech is great when it works. :thumb

Sometimes I run APRS on the bike. Picture is waiting for the ferry from Deer Island, NB to Eastport, ME in August 2007 (coming back from the Salty Fog Rally and meeting with other friends in NS).

The problem with APRS as a tracker is that there aren't enough relay stations in rural areas. Spot does a much better job.

5398973419_50533ca3cb_b.jpg

It's the northeast :banghead My friend in Phoenix can use a hand-held the whole state-even to LA.

It's the northeast :banghead My friend in Phoenix can use a hand-held the whole state-even to LA.

It used to be extremely active 15 years ago. I had a digipeater here in Braintree, but when it got so congested, I suppose most folks moved to the net, like me.

I've had a weather station online for a long time and it does feed the APRS WX net.

Back