Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: QST, QST, QST - taking BMW-Net Check-in Now.

The rally and ARRL Field Day overlap this year. I briefly considered bringing my IC-705 and an EFHW up with me, but think Iíll pass. Itís a long way to haul equipment to make a few QSOs.
    Fastman | KF0ADW
    '86 R65, '96 R1100RS, '04 K1200RS, '13 K1300S 30th Anniversary, '16 R1200GSA - ALL SOLD
    Current ride - '19 R1250GSA
    The most notable thing you can leave for posterity is your name...signed Anonymous

....duh

Well this just proves that some of us old guys can't remember "squat"..... Hi!
    I see I responded back in 2015....
    Ol' Hoot

Shawn

K4CTD

Durham, NC
    Shawn Conver
    K4CTD
    2011 R1200RT, 2018 Cummins 2500, 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee

KDT5964

I know it's not HAM, but how many folks out there were issued a CB call letters. I was in high school at the time and it was just before the truckers got hold of it. 10-4 and out of here...

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveSlash5 View Post
    KDT5964

I know it's not HAM, but how many folks out there were issued a CB call letters. I was in high school at the time and it was just before the truckers got hold of it. 10-4 and out of here...
    I had CB license. Seems to me it was a paid deal back in the day. I donít recall my assigned call letters. It was so much fun and led to my HAM radio license.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I had CB license. Seems to me it was a paid deal back in the day. I donít recall my assigned call letters. It was so much fun and led to my HAM radio license.
    OM
    Yes, there was a fee for the license, and if memory serves it had to be renewed every three years or so.
    Back before the band got crowded...uh popular...it was fun to see how far you could talk on just five watts. When the conditions were right, we would communicate with folks on the west coast and even South America for brief periods. Big excitement for a small town boy in the 1960's!