• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member in Louisville

lynnboyd

I just bought my first BMW, a 2007 R1200R, a couple of weeks ago. I wanted ABS, but I think Don Eilenberger really summed up the reasons I bought it - weight, looks easy to work on, and versatility. I've been riding a 1981 Kawasaki KZ1100 for the past three years, and before that had a V-Strom, an SV650 and a 1995 Magna.

Mine came with a sport shield and I'm planning to buy a larger windshield and an aftermarket seat for touring. I called Sargent this morning and am waiting for them to commit to using stainless steel staples before I order. I like the looks of the Givi A760 fairing but haven't seen any posts from an R1200R owner who has tried one.

This looks like a great forum - I'm looking forward to talking to you.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike. Many argue the best handling BMW. :bow

Is it riding weather in Louisville? Why don't you post a pic of your new ride so we can all admire it?

Ride Well
Ride Often
Ride to Eat

It is riding weather here, more or less. 40 F today, but no sun so I didn't take pictures.

Last edited:
Great looking bike. Yes, the toys get the garage and the cars have to make do. :thumb

Welcome, sir!

My first beemer was an RR, too: an '03 R1150R. You might want to check out the R1150R.net forum which which started out as only pertaining to the R1150R, but has since been expanded to be an all-RR forum. They now have separate R1200R and R1100R sub-forums. Here's the link (go to the scroll down discussion link on the top of the page to get to the forums):

http://r1150r.net/

I don't know if there is a bad looking R, but this one looks great. Love the color. Congratulations.

I really like those R's too. I had an 1100 and loved it...wish I still had it! Welcome my friend and thanks...you made me jealous! Ride safe! :wave

Back