• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

S1000RR Burnout Test Results from SJBMW

Nope.

Racing a G450X this time. Not as far to fall. :groovy

actually, since the HP2 falls on it's cylinder heads, it falls less far than the single.

but, twice as hard. :brow

i know how you know this. :ha

(just no yard sales, please)

actually, since the HP2 falls on it's cylinder heads, it falls less far than the single.

but, twice as hard. :brow

i know how you know this. :ha

(just no yard sales, please)

When the laws of physics are violated the actual distance from my butt / ribs / head to the ground is less. :D

When the laws of physics are violated the actual distance from my butt / ribs / head to the ground is less. :D

somehow that makes sense.

you know, these outfits look vaguely similar to the rallyepro 2 suits... :groovy

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BRdN-9zEj2w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BRdN-9zEj2w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I dunno about you, Rob, but yawning is not one of the things this video makes me feel like doing...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T-rdm_YwLgc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T-rdm_YwLgc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Besides displaying some awesome riding abilities the video is clever marketing, too. Getting the word out to the Sporty crowd by letting them see the bike up close and not just sitting on the showroom floor. :thumb

Besides displaying some awesome riding abilities the video is clever marketing, too. Getting the word out to the Sporty crowd by letting them see the bike up close and not just sitting on the showroom floor. :thumb

Indeed.

I'm not much of a gambler but I'm defintely going to throw $10 to one of the MOA raffle tickets.

They're selling in Daytona

Stopped by to visit the fine folks at Daytona Beach BMW and saw sold signs on 7 new S1000RRs out of 10 they had in stock -- not counting the 2 in crates out in the parking lot that they'd just received.

20.jpg

So John I quess the million dollar question is who bought them? The target audience, a more traditional BMW buyer, the BMW guy who has to have the newest BMW etc., or who? Did they give you any feedback on that?

So John I quess the million dollar question is who bought them? The target audience, a more traditional BMW buyer, the BMW guy who has to have the newest BMW etc., or who? Did they give you any feedback on that?

What I can verify is that all the guys around the shop Saturday while we were there -- including one lucky fellow taking delivery of his new s1000 RR -- were not the young sporty riders targeted by BMW with this model. Didn't see any young sporty types anywhere. :) What I saw were guys just like me -- a bit "seasoned."

This has all been fun reading, but here's my take. If they sell a lot of bikes the dealerships are healthy, selling tires maybe fairly often too, and stay in business, and I can still conveniently buy parts for my K75, F650, and R1150R. And the company pumps more into R&D and comes out with other new models that grab my fancy and pocketbook. If all BMW did was sell parts to Airheads and old Classic K riders like me they would soon go the way of so many failed businesses. More power to them if they excite buyers, old, young, existing, new - whatever. Sales are good, whether my idea of a perfect long distance touring bike or not. I want one. I won't buy one. But I want one.

This has all been fun reading, but here's my take. If they sell a lot of bikes the dealerships are healthy, selling tires maybe fairly often too, and stay in business, and I can still conveniently buy parts for my K75, F650, and R1150R. And the company pumps more into R&D and comes out with other new models that grab my fancy and pocketbook. If all BMW did was sell parts to Airheads and old Classic K riders like me they would soon go the way of so many failed businesses. More power to them if they excite buyers, old, young, existing, new - whatever. Sales are good, whether my idea of a perfect long distance touring bike or not. I want one. I won't buy one. But I want one.

+1 :thumb

Just a gut feeling that's all.

OK, I really had no idea why Daytona would be hitting the target market better than another dealer. Just curious. From John's reply it appears that it is not the target market age wise anyway. Don't know if they were from others brands or not. I'm guessing mostly not and might fall into the BMW guy going for the new BMW. but that is just my guess.

Back