• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

S1000RR Burnout Test Results from SJBMW

Ok, when you say "yawn inducer" do you mean things like revving the crap out of a new demo bike? :stick

Reving the crap out of a new demo bike? :laugh That's why man invented rev limiters. :bolt

Once you get a chance to do it yourself you'll giggle like a banshee.

I bet you'll will find is as exciting as I did. Much more so than posturing on some internet forum. :bottle

there has to be a point? other than you being old and crotchety and far removed from your younger hooligan days?

:laugh

:laugh :laugh

You don't get out much anymore do you. :stick

I was playing hooligan with a S1000RR, what three weeks ago.

Like sunrise it happens first in New England. :p

9efc813f.jpg

Put it on ice. Pownal, Vermont has a great track!

I did burnouts when I was a teenager. My dad paid for my tires in those days....
JD

Did you yawn when your dealer, Max, did it a while back on a GS?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=386776&postcount=1

:bolt

No it was priceless.

Rather than do it out back he rode his GS down to the Harley dealer that was having a big party with a burn out pit. :deal

That tire was a knobbie and he pretty much closed the party, Just imagine how much rubber you can burn when you're burning the knobs off af TKC. :laugh

I mean really everyone expects the S1000RR to be a tire smoking machine but take a GS to a Harley dealer and close the show?

That's panache. :bow

No it was priceless.

Rather than do it out back he rode his GS down to the Harley dealer that was having a big party with a burn out pit. :deal

That tire was a knobbie and he pretty much closed the party, Just imagine how much rubber you can burn when you're burning the knobs off af TKC. :laugh

I mean really everyone expects the S1000RR to be a tire smoking machine but take a GS to a Harley dealer and close the show?

That's panache. :bow

I see. And is it panache putting spikes all over your tires if you're just going to go up and down in a straight line then attempt three burnouts in front of the camera? I'm referring to the latest max video.

okay, i'm done busting your balls. the key point is that you should embrace all things moto, rather than just those things that you think are cool or done by people you think are cool. be tolerant. open your mind and heart and harken back to the days of your youth when everything bike-related was cool. Okay?

Thanks.

Your friend,
fish

I win. :drink

I think we can all agree that the S1000RR is an awesome machine, whether clipping apexes, burning tires, or riding on ice. There are four tanks on the bike: gas, oil, coolant, and testosterone.

thanks for playing, rob.

fish out.

I see. And is it panache putting spikes all over your tires if you're just going to go up and down in a straight line then attempt three burnouts in front of the camera? I'm referring to the latest max video.

okay, i'm done busting your balls. the key point is that you should embrace all things moto, rather than just those things that you think are cool or done by people you think are cool. be tolerant. open your mind and heart and harken back to the days of your youth when everything bike-related was cool. Okay?

Thanks.

Your friend,
fish

You're cute when you're being silly. :stick

Let's see, embrace all things moto..

I'll get right on it this weekend.

Putting spikes on a new superbike and taking it out on the ice is the kind of thing I don't see any other dealer having the stones to try. The video you saw was first attempt, wait a week after some adjustments and you'll see plenty of turns.

Anyone can unbox a bike and do smoky burnout behind the barn. Surely you can agree that part of embracing all things moto might lead to burnout on yet another burnout. :D

Kinda like yet another trip to bike week. How many times do you need to take a week of your moto vacation time to see chrome and g-strings? I don't begrudge anyone the experience; it's something everyone should do at least once, more if you like it. Move on when you get bored.

I used to go to Bike Week when I thought burnouts were exciting.

Rob, you know I like you (i love Chace ;)), but you need to remember the First Rule of Holes: When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!

Last edited:
Rob, you know I like you (i love Chace ;)), but you need to remember the First Rule of Holes: When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!

cripes, will you two get a room? :ha

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QHPOw-Xmm4o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QHPOw-Xmm4o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

damn yankees... this is friggin' awesome. :burnout

ian

cripes, will you two get a room?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QHPOw-Xmm4o&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QHPOw-Xmm4o&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

damn yankees... this is friggin' awesome. :burnout

ian

Isn't it?

This has been fun but I'm off to go racing down south.

Nothing like a little racing on a bike I've never ridden; I bet my butt will "embrace" the seat a few times. :laugh

Fish, this has been fun. Let's continue to compare videos next week.

Enjoy your popcorn, you're ready for the superbowl early.

:bolt

Back