Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: S1000RR Burnout Test Results from SJBMW

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    damn, I am an old fart! I don't want one. The riding position would kill me.
    Same here. How long do you think it'll be before people come out with barbacks, lowered pegs, and tall windscreens?
    "No one wants advice -- only corroboration." -John Steinbeck

    Like San Jose BMW Motorcycles on Facebook.

  2. #62
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,947
    Quote Originally Posted by GSfornow View Post
    OK, I really had no idea why Daytona would be hitting the target market better than another dealer. Just curious. From John's reply it appears that it is not the target market age wise anyway. Don't know if they were from others brands or not. I'm guessing mostly not and might fall into the BMW guy going for the new BMW. but that is just my guess.
    Florida is home of stoplight to stoplight riding and there is a very high ratio of sport bikes with a lot of bling.

    I'd think that folks that purchase for the numbers would flock to the S1000RR.

    Last weekend while I was in a car wash in Cheraw SC cleaning my 450 after the Sandblast rally I was approcahed by a few locals. One of the guys showed me pictures of his totally tricked out Hyabusa drag bike and then introduced me to his "rider". None of them had heard of the new BMW but when I started describing it they went for their smartphones to check it out.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I want one. I won't buy one. But I want one.
    i can't have one. *no* self-discipline.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    Florida is home of stoplight to stoplight riding and there is a very high ratio of sport bikes with a lot of bling.

    I'd think that folks that purchase for the numbers would flock to the S1000RR.

    Last weekend while I was in a car wash in Cheraw SC cleaning my 450 after the Sandblast rally I was approcahed by a few locals. One of the guys showed me pictures of his totally tricked out Hyabusa drag bike and then introduced me to his "rider". None of them had heard of the new BMW but when I started describing it they went for their smartphones to check it out.
    Your intolerance is showing, Rob.

    On the one hand, you think ice-riding an RR is the greatest thing since porn, but on the other hand, you spew public disdain for certain bike activities that you don't approve of, like burnouts, wheelies, stoppies, drag bikes, tricked out gixxers, and chromed out boulevard queens.

    Don't be a beemer snob. We need to welcome all riders of all flavors into our "club".

    You're better than that, rob.
    "No one wants advice -- only corroboration." -John Steinbeck

    Like San Jose BMW Motorcycles on Facebook.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    i can't have one. *no* self-discipline.
    yup.
    "No one wants advice -- only corroboration." -John Steinbeck

    Like San Jose BMW Motorcycles on Facebook.

  6. #66
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,947
    Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Your intolerance is showing, Rob.

    On the one hand, you think ice-riding an RR is the greatest thing since porn, but on the other hand, you spew public disdain for certain bike activities that you don't approve of, like burnouts, wheelies, stoppies, drag bikes, tricked out gixxers, and chromed out boulevard queens.

    Don't be a beemer snob. We need to welcome all riders of all flavors into our "club".

    You're better than that, rob.
    Reading comprehension is everything.

    Last I checked I was describing a conversation with total strangers in a car wash in South Carolina and checking out pictures of a cool bike.

    What I think is funny is that you started this thread as a marketing exercise for your favorite dealer and along the way posted two videos from mine.

    I never posted any video and said "hey look how cool this is!" IIRC you've posted every video in this thread two of which came from another dealer and then bleated on about how they "proved" something, what I have no idea.

    If I had to guess I'd say you proved that here on the east coast we're blessed with a dealer that is fun, creative and has forced all the other dealers to up their game.

    Let's review.
    Parts Fiche on-line? Max first
    Free pick up and delivery in an enclosed van? Max First
    Heritage Certified service and parts for vintage BMW's? Max first and still only.
    BMW Burnout video on You Tube? Max first in 2002.

    When someone else lights up their customers like Max has wake me up. Until then I'm moving forward with my dealer and not bothering to watch the others try to play catch up.

    I'm sure Max BMW appreciated the exposure. Thanks for playing, it's been entertaining. I hope SJBMW doesn't compensate you for your flailures.

    Last edited by rob nye; 02-12-2010 at 08:35 PM.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    Let's review.
    Parts Fiche on-line? Max first
    Free pick up and delivery in an enclosed van? Max First
    Heritage Certified service and parts for vintage BMW's? Max first and still only.
    BMW Burnout video on You Tube? Max first in 2002.
    Who's doing the marketing now, Mr. Nye?

    Don't worry, Rob, riding season is just around the corner and you can get back to your shiny happy self, instead of pissing on others on the MOA forum.

    This isn't a contest. At least it isn't to me, cuz I already got your head to explody, so I win.

    Have a nice weekend and cheer up, eh?

    fish
    "No one wants advice -- only corroboration." -John Steinbeck

    Like San Jose BMW Motorcycles on Facebook.

  8. #68
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,947
    It's fun watching you try to spit out your own hook.


  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    Florida is home of stoplight to stoplight riding and there is a very high ratio of sport bikes with a lot of bling.

    So pretty much any urban dealer, not just limited to Daytona BMW I think. In this regard I also think that the multiline BMW dealers might have and edge in sales for the new bike.
    Last edited by GSfornow; 02-13-2010 at 02:55 PM.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    It's fun watching you try to spit out your own hook.


    very clever
    "No one wants advice -- only corroboration." -John Steinbeck

    Like San Jose BMW Motorcycles on Facebook.

  11. #71
    You stupid, fix it! r11rs94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tiverton, RI
    Posts
    5,152
    ,
    The thing about traveling is, you never want it to end and you can't wait to get home.
    I answer to Roy, Chief, or Sarg.
    04 R-1150-RT current bike. 94 R-1100-RS74,383, Sold, 78 R-80/7, K.I.A by a D.U.I
    www.OceanStateBMWriders.com

  12. #72
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    701

    Paul, your always there to add a practical view point.





    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    This has all been fun reading, but here's my take. If they sell a lot of bikes the dealerships are healthy, selling tires maybe fairly often too, and stay in business, and I can still conveniently buy parts for my K75, F650, and R1150R. And the company pumps more into R&D and comes out with other new models that grab my fancy and pocketbook. If all BMW did was sell parts to Airheads and old Classic K riders like me they would soon go the way of so many failed businesses. More power to them if they excite buyers, old, young, existing, new - whatever. Sales are good, whether my idea of a perfect long distance touring bike or not. I want one. I won't buy one. But I want one.
    Enjoying the ride, but always on the alert for a rally.......

  13. #73
    LONERANGER
    Guest
    Sure is immature doing crap like that and that is exactly why I never buy a demo car or bike. Maybe this shop sells Harley's also. The Harley crowd like to do moronic stuff like that also.

  14. #74
    JPONIKTERA
    Guest

    What makes you an expert

    "The Harley crowd like to do moronic stuff like that also."

    WHAT MAKES YOU AN EXPERT ON THE "HARLEY CROWD" ?

  15. #75
    Trickster
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JPONIKTERA View Post
    "The Harley crowd like to do moronic stuff like that also."

    WHAT MAKES YOU AN EXPERT ON THE "HARLEY CROWD" ?
    Because......it's so obvious, all HD owners are greaseball criminals, and all BMW
    owners are CEO's........at least thats what the demographics say.

    Stereotyping really pisses me off, I own Yamaha, Suzuki, Harley, and BMW, so that makes me...........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •