Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 75

Thread: S1000RR Burnout Test Results from SJBMW

  1. #1

    S1000RR Burnout Test Results from SJBMW

    San Jose BMW Motorcycles is pleased to report that the S1000RR has successfully completed the burnout test.

    http://tinyurl.com/yashxoy



    Enjoy!
    "No one wants advice -- only corroboration." -John Steinbeck

    Like San Jose BMW Motorcycles on Facebook.

  2. #2
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,947
    Yawn.

    Burnouts are so 1990.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by robnye View Post
    Yawn.

    Burnouts are so 1990.
    as are wheelies and stoppies, huh?


    Welcome to the world of superbikes. You don't have to participate if you don't want to.
    "No one wants advice -- only corroboration." -John Steinbeck

    Like San Jose BMW Motorcycles on Facebook.

  4. #4
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    3,324
    Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    San Jose BMW Motorcycles is pleased to report that the S1000RR has successfully completed the burnout test.

    http://tinyurl.com/yashxoy



    Enjoy!
    I can't wait to ride one of these bad boys. Should have my test ride coming up in a couple of weeks.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Foundation Secretary, Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

  5. #5
    Cannonball Rider #52 darrylri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Surf City, USA (Santa Cruz, CA)
    Posts
    4,573
    Man! One finger braking holding back 193hp! What great brakes!!
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrylRi View Post
    Man! One finger braking holding back 193hp! What great brakes!!
    This truly is a BMW Superbike and should be competitive at all levels. With pricing around that of the top shelf Japanese bikes, it should be competitive on the sales floor too.

    I think I'll get my test ride in a couple of weeks too, Greg. I can't wait!

    fish
    "No one wants advice -- only corroboration." -John Steinbeck

    Like San Jose BMW Motorcycles on Facebook.

  7. #7
    univers zero tessler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,999
    Quote Originally Posted by GregFeeler View Post
    I can't wait to ride one of these bad boys. Should have my test ride coming up in a couple of weeks.
    Greg, will you do a burnout report for your column in the magazine?

  8. #8
    Dances With Sheep GREGFEELER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    3,324
    Quote Originally Posted by tessler View Post
    Greg, will you do a burnout report for your column in the magazine?
    I hope to be able to report how I *didn't* wrap it around a tree or get a performance award - or go to jail.
    Greg Feeler
    BMW MOA Foundation Secretary, Ambassador & amateur K-Bike collector, it seems
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

  9. #9
    SJBMW also held a "Strippers and Beer with the S1000RR" event about a week ago, where the bike was stripped down so everyone could see what was under her dress.

    The photos are here.



    "No one wants advice -- only corroboration." -John Steinbeck

    Like San Jose BMW Motorcycles on Facebook.

  10. #10
    univers zero tessler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,999
    Quote Originally Posted by GregFeeler View Post
    I hope to be able to report how I *didn't* wrap it around a tree or get a performance award - or go to jail.
    That's more than enough for me. Don't forget your camera...

  11. #11
    Lifetime Member Ridealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Salem Or.
    Posts
    712
    So, is that the standard predelivery test every new BMW gets put thru at San Jose BMW. I always wondered why customers are no longer allowed in the service areas at most dealers. Now I know!

    Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    San Jose BMW Motorcycles is pleased to report that the S1000RR has successfully completed the burnout test.

    http://tinyurl.com/yashxoy



    Enjoy!
    Tom
    Salem Or.
    '93 K1100LT w/Bushtec
    '09 F650GS '15 Ducati Multistrada

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridealot View Post
    So, is that the standard predelivery test every new BMW gets put thru at San Jose BMW.
    No. BMW Motorrad puts them through much more rigorous testing than any dealer can. This is a demo bike.

    Although, I suspect owners will be "leaving their mark" in the driveway as they leave with their new RR's.
    "No one wants advice -- only corroboration." -John Steinbeck

    Like San Jose BMW Motorcycles on Facebook.

  13. #13
    Lifetime Member Ridealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Salem Or.
    Posts
    712
    Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    No. BMW Motorrad puts them through much more rigorous testing than any dealer can. This is a demo bike.
    Note to self. Don't ever buy a Demo bike!
    Tom
    Salem Or.
    '93 K1100LT w/Bushtec
    '09 F650GS '15 Ducati Multistrada

  14. #14
    BUBBAZANETTI
    Guest
    how dare you post this, it goes against every fiber of my high-viz wearing, never exceeding the speed limit, ac/dc frightens me being.

  15. #15
    Ritalin Poster Boy rob nye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Bristol, Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,947
    Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    as are wheelies and stoppies, huh?


    Welcome to the world of superbikes. You don't have to participate if you don't want to.
    I didn't say the bike isn't exciting. Yet another movie of a smoky burnout is a big yawn inducer and quite frankly shows a lack of creativity.

    Now this is interesting....


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •