• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Looking for a good modular

modulars

You might want to check out the Scorpion EXO900. I just got one for my wife and she loves it. As far as the noise, it is actually one of the quieter ones. I bought an EXO1000 for myself which is not one of the modulars but a full face. After having Arai's and Shoei's the past 40 years, I like the Scorpion. Check it out.......Price is about $240.00 - 269.00.

In reply to GlobalRider (and anyone else following along in regards to a price on C3 helmets)
I was double checking the figures I was throwing around.
The prices I quoted were either wrong to begin with, or have gone up substantially in the last 4 months or so.

The old number I was dealing with (for a white helmet, not metallic) was 379.50, which was EU344.50 + EU35.00 to ship, EU379.50 total.

The price I am seeing now, is a white helmet EU 420.13 and EU 35.00 to ship, total now EU455.13! Which is USD$649.25!! Ouch. With the old price, after converting to USD I was around $540-$550 range.

I set up an account to get "a special price", the message on their site says:

"Please consider that the most of our Special Prices visable only for registered Users. Please login or register as new customer - it is free and without any obligations! ".
So maybe initially they had me at a better price, and now I get the normal price??
Or they just raised prices on them, not sure.
Metallics at this time are EU24.00 more.
At any rate, if Schuberth were still selling in the US, I would really consider one, but for the reasons I've already stated, planning on a Multitec. But thought someone really hot for a C3 might find the info useful.
Oh and at this point I am unsure if the German stores are really any cheaper than the UK stores. If I were still determined to buy a C3 I would contact this place I set up an account with and ask if I could still get the lowball price on it.

Gilly

I still don't believe there were any taxes/VAT on the order.

Gilly

Exactly what I've been saying.

There aren't any additional MwSt (what VAT is called in Germany).

What I'm trying to tell you is...if you see a price listed as Ôé¼500 on a German web site or in a store....that already includes 19% MwSt.

So when you order something, that is removed from the listed price. Better remind them to do so.

Ooo, thanks Scott, I was excited there for a second. Main problem being that the first two colors listed on the C2's are only small, and the last one is XSmall. But that would have definitely been a price i could have gone for.
I was really hoping for a C3 if I was going to get a Schubie though. BUT the inner sun visor didn't really matter to me, so I would have considered a C2, esp at that price! Too bad, I need a large or medium (61-62 I think it is??, that's what my BMW/Schubie System 2 was anyways).
Thanks for putting that up though, I would say these are leftovers from when Schubie still sold helmets in the US.
Gilly

Scorpion EXO-900

A couple of people on this thread think very highly of the Scorpion EXO-900.
I watched a short film review of it and it looks like the lower chinbar that can
be flipped up or removed completely is not more than around 3/16 of an inch
thick. Is it actually thicker than this and in your opinion, would it do it's job ?

That's why I have kind of a "short" list of helmets, at least on the modulars, I think Shoei and Schuberth are the only 2 I'd trust.

Gilly

In the past I had both Biffee and Nolan (N100) modulars and did not like them. I also looked at Arari, Shoei, HD, KBC and a couple of others. (Schuberth was a little out of my price range as well as hard to find) All seemed to have same problems:

1)push on front and back of my head (causing headache) but needed to install extra padding on sides (just to keep from wobbling)

2)extremely noisy (Biffee and Nolan as I never tried others on road only in shop)

3)will strangle you at speed with no wind screen (very fatiguing)

I finally got a VOX (it actually fits, is a lot quieter than Biffee or Nolan, but still noisy, has a sun shield and removable liner and above all does not try to strangle me at speed w/o wind screen, a first for any helmet I have owned) All for under $150

I know it is a cheap helmet but in the first time in 30+ years riding I have a helmet that is comfortable and actually fits. (I tend to wear this one most of the time where as with other "ill fitting" helmets I only wore in rain, cold weather and Nanny States)

With Shoei having come out with the RF1100 and the X12, I am hoping an updated Mulit-Tec will be next on the list. . . .

Back