• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Going to Minneapolis !

thompsonr

:wave Going to Minneapolis Cycle World International Motorcycle Show
05-Feb-2010 - 07-Feb-2010 (Friday - Sunday). I and riding buddy ( not ridding this time) will have most of the day Friday to look around town. What should we see?

Thanks R.

05-Feb-2010 - 07-Feb-2010 (Friday - Sunday). I and riding buddy ( not ridding this time) will have most of the day Friday to look around town. What should we see?

Thanks R.

Make sure and bring warm clothing!

Seriously, if it was me, I would rent a car and drive to Stillwater just east of the twin cities along the St. Croix river, or maybe drive down to wabasha via the missisppi. Downtown is down town, I am sure with downtown things to do, but sadly I'm not much of a downtown guy; I spend too much time there during the week!

Thanks R.

Three suggestions

Take the elevator to the top of the foshay tower and go outside on the observation deck...
Brits pub is 2 blocks from the motorcycle show, to the west...
Snow carvings at the state fairgrounds in St Paul....

We're meeting at Market BBQ on Saturday night. It's an easy two block walk from the Convention Center. More info here: http://www.bmwmocm.com/MeetToEat.htm
Hope you can join us.

To answer your question:

What kinds of things do you want to see? There are all kinds of museums, art galleries, etc. in the Twin Cities. Like to hunt or fish? We have two HUGE Cabella's. As far as food goes, there's almost nothing you can't find here. And there's always the Mall Of America if you've never been there. The Mill City Museum is downtown and definitely worth a visit! We also have three BMW dealerships within an easy drive of downtown. Might be your only chance to sit on a BMW that weekend. :whistle
-K

Thanks for all the ideas sounds like we have more options than time.

Twofastdogs we will try to make the market Sat night sounds like fun.

Jacko I will keep an eye out for your replacement ride as ornery as you are I think a Little Rascal scooter may be in order. Remember a country boy will survive.

Thanks All Rick

If'n ya like coffee shops, Bob's is a must visit. Actually, even if you don't like coffee shops Bob's is a cool place to hang out.

Walker Art center is a good place to visit as is Minnehaha Park at the waterfall area. I don't know if the trail to walk the bluffs is open in winter but it's some nice scenery if it is.

There is definately too much good stuff to do in the area for just one weekend.

:thumb

You could spend a month in the twin cities and barely scratch the surface.

Try Brits Pub for a Jamer Ginger.
Rudolphs for BBQ.
French meadow Bakery and Cafe for some of the finest breakfasts anywhere. or any other meal.
Punch Pizza on Hennepin. In the heart of downtown.

and about a zillion other places.

WOW! We had a great time in Minneapolis! The Cycle Show was great. I am truly a country boy but I really liked Minneapolis.
We decided we had to go the Mall Of America. Took the Light Rail from downtown. Not much of a shopper but very impressive.
TFD sorry we didnÔÇÖt make the dinner, two days of walking and an early rise to head home to watch the Super Bowl cut our Sat. night short.
Already making plans to return with the wife in the summer lots to do and see there.
Thanks Rick

Back