• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Upcoming Trip through ID

caddybama

Planning a trip from Colorado through Idaho (Hell's Canyon) into Washington (Columbia River area) before dropping into Redmond for the rally. Looking for advice on good roads and scenic areas (non-tourist traps). You all know what I'm looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.:wave

Caddy:

Like your home state, there are so many good roads and so much good scenery in that area, that it would take months to explore them all, but here are a few:

Lolo Pass (Lewiston to Missoula on 12)
Cascade Loop in Washington (20 and 2)
Lewiston to Halfway, via Joseph (129 in Wa, 3 in Or)
Pendleton to Mt. Vernon (395 Or)
Stanley to Missoula (Hwy 93)
Sawtooth Nat'l Recreation area, (75 and 12) Idaho

Also, just north of the border you have the Kootenays, one of Canada's premier riding areas (Nelson, Nakusp, Kaslo, New Denver)

Have fun; you're in for a treat.

If you're headed up through hells canyon & going through Lewiston Id, Clakston Wa you can take hwy 12 west and continue on 12 or if you want to zig zag through the Palouse ( rolling hills) cut off on meadow creek road (actually I think the sign says gould city) you'd take a right and just bear left at the 2 Y's you encounter this takes you to SR 127 go north to Hwy 26 and then there are tons of back road options to zig zag through. Look at a map (oh yes I said map) most of the black line roads are named for the towns they connect. Tons of good riding in the polouse without too much hwy. I'll be at the Dusty country store until THursday of that eek then I'll head out. (that's were I work) Maybe we'll see you there!

Oh ya -- anyone riding this area or any of the farm country back roads watch out for the farm equipment the way the weather is right now harvest may be in full swing by then.

Another endorsement for Lolo Pass. Stop at the Lochsa Lodge for a meal and some nice views. As mentioned above, Washington 129/Oregon 3 is definitely one to check out. You'll find a nice description with photos and map here http://www.roadsnw.com/rnw/75. You could also connect with Hell's Canyon Dam Rd, AKA the Devil's Tail.

Back