• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Riding South, headed for Argentina

M

Mike51

Yep, we surely are. Me on r1200gs, daughter on F650gs, both 2007 "vintage" (attempt to make the airhead folks chuckle).

We're currently in Marfa, Texas. I've got some miles behind me, daughter is fairly new to this game but gaining skills quickly! Big kudos to Matt and Bill at the Spartanburg Performance center, where we got a coupla days of offroad training about ten days ago. Hard to believe now that it was so recent, because now we're eating miles in Texas!

Left Santa Fe two days ago, trailered (yes, I know the shame...) until we got out of the snow, and relaunched yesterday morning from el Paso. Should be at Eagle Pass tonight, crossing into Mexico tomorrow.

We're (mostly she is) maintaining a blog at the site shown below. Won't likely find TOO much time for other posting -- after all, this is a riding trip and not a typing trip, yes?

Woo-bloody-hoo! After about two years of prep for me, 4 months for Heather, we're rolling south.

Cheers and eyes up!
Mike (and Heather) Rafferty
www.haciendolo2010.wordpress.com

Go, Heather, go! What fun you'll have!

Wish we were there to send you off, but instead of the Big Bend this week we're in Hilo, Hawaii!

Voni
sMiling

Thnx!

Mny thnx for the good wishes! We did indeed make Eagle Pass last night, crossing the border today.

Yep -- can't believe the good fortune to have such a kickass daughter. And to have the chance to make this trip. Jim -- it is indeed "living the dream" and I'm grateful. Voni -- hard to feel TOO sorry for you in Hawaii...but Alpine looked pretty nifty.

'luego, and happy trails --
mr
www.haciendolo2010.wordpress.com

Back