• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Allright Conan!

KenDittrick

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197
Conan O'Brian really went out in style tonight with an absolutely awesome rock ensemble ending! Really sad to see him go..

:(

For me the Tonight Show has ended.
Great close... ZZ Top dude (forget his name) and Beck were the guest guitarists also.
Neil Young was Amazing!

I wish someone would offer me $30million to leave my job...actually, I would leave for a lot less :)

NBC motto...'Out with the new...in with the old.'

Johnny Carson left the Tonight Show and I left with him.

Johnny Carson left the Tonight Show and I left with him.

Yes, it was close we me too, with Conan leaving, count me out! I know it is the top topic on Twitter right now... pushing aside for a moment the horrific events of Haiti - puts things in perspective though.

I really was impressed with his exit speech - and to leave it with: "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work hard and you are kind, amazing things will happen." and "Please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere."

Then there was the finale...

Will Ferrell was Conan's last guest as well with his very pregnant wife Viveca Paulson, whom he called Dawn on the show, invited Conan over to the stage to jam with ZZ Top, Beck and Ben Harper, and sing a version of Free Bird (Lynyrd Skynyrd song). Will hammered a cow bell just like the Saturday Night Live skit with Christopher Walken when he was getting ragged 'more cowbell!'

Anyhow, went out with class. Yes he got a huge payout - and a Bugatti but the late nights will sure have a hole in them for me...

Humbug!

The whole thing was a farce... a setup, a marketing ploy.

Remember the biggest marketing prank of the 20th century?
- "New Coke" vs. "Coke Classic"? -

I'm not buying any of this Tonight Show baloney. I think this is NBC's way to swap out the new pony that wasn't getting the job done with the old gray mule.

The NBC insults that both hosts hurled in their dialogues seemed staged! And NBC seems WAY to generous with the buyout of the new guy.

And please, give me a break - I translated Conan's "Please don't be cynical...." as Don't quit watching the Tonight Show because this worked out just like we planned it!

The younger folks wouldn't know the old Coke old trick, but for me, I won't forget.

You mean Johnny Carson is not doing the Tonight show anymore. I have not been up late in a long time.

You know, after watching parts of several Conan episodes ÔÇö both his Tonight Show and his old one, I just don't find the guy funny or interesting. I could watch an entire show and never so much as crack a smile. Then again, Leno's not my favorite either, so my concern with all this is sort of low. I'm not much of a television watcher, but on those rare occasions when there's nothing else to do, I'll stick with Letterman.

. I'm not much of a television watcher, but on those rare occasions when there's nothing else to do, I'll stick with Letterman.

Yes comedy genre's don't necessarily have universal appeal. I feel the same about Letterman. However, his love of cars and motorcycles does interest me - just not enough to watch him.

I am sure someone will come along to replace the slot - or maybe late night TV is morphing with the times. Since I am in the TV business I pay more attention to content that the average person.

:type

Back