• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking for suggestions

Semper_Fi

Honey Badger
For mounting my new to arrive speed pass.

My goal would be to have it hidden as I do not want to mess up the front of the bike with that garsih peice of white plastic.

I was thinking under the cowl covering under the windshield

Here is the cowl:
DSC05607.jpg

And i would velcro on here:
DSC05609.jpg

Pros/Cons/Other suggestions?

Cannot tell from this picture if you have a tank bag or not. I use mine daily for work, and I keep it in the clear map compartment where it has always worked. I know 2 people that mounted them to the wind screen and had them blow off. I believe cycle gadget sells a bracket for them to Perm mount to the bike.

No tank bag - don't like any of the options for the KGT.

Would have been great if they did the same system as the RT.

Will check out cycle gadgets - thanks

How about mounting below the license plate on the plastic? That way if for some reason it doesn't pick up and a photo is taken. You would atleast be able show you had it in plain view.

If it would work under the piece you want to mount it under, it might work under the front half of the battery cover?

On my 05 LT, I removed the front of the dash... behind the windscreen...

I zip tied on top of the "down bar... support" then replaced the cover...
Been working fine for 3 years..:thumb

That is great!

Is there a low battery warning?

As you can tell I have not gotten the parts or the manual. :lurk

Luis,

I found a great little suction device specially made for the MA (and other states with the same device type) FastLane transponders. I slip my FastLane into the holder and then tuck it down on the Aeroflow laminar deflector (which is kinda/sorta like the BMW one) and stick the 3 little suction cups down. You can't see it through the windshield (it's black) and it works perfectly...even at the nasty toll booth in Hampton on RT95 that NEVER use to read my transponder no matter where I had it...even between my teeth! :)

I'll try and remember to unbag the K tonight and take a snap of how this is set-up and post it here for others as well. I bought the thing on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Ez-Pass-Elect..._2?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1264691823&sr=8-2

It comes in black...be sure to order that color so it hides well.

Again, this is mounted to an Aeroflow shield. I know you were thinking of one of those (they're incredible by the way) and not sure if you made the move to one or not.

Please ride safely!

Peter

That sounds interesting Peter - I got the transponders last night.

Depending on how cold it is this weekend may poke around for mounting areas.

Anyway send a picture of yours for comparison.

Luis

Here's the picture of my FastLane transponder mounted to the Aeroflow laminar deflector. I had a few more shots (from the front showing that the transponder is very hard to see through the shield) but I can't figure out how to post more than one picture! :banghead

Can anybody provide a hint?

Let me know if there are questions. Works great!

Please ride safely!

Peter

Attachments

• FastLane Aeroflow Mount 3.jpg
    FastLane Aeroflow Mount 3.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 81
Try this

I just bought one of these.

With other mounts on my 1150GS, bar real estate is at a premium, so I bought the kit for mounting on either the bar or a mirror stalk.

Jim

Here's the picture of my FastLane transponder mounted to the Aeroflow laminar deflector. I had a few more shots (from the front showing that the transponder is very hard to see through the shield) but I can't figure out how to post more than one picture! :banghead

Can anybody provide a hint?

Let me know if there are questions. Works great!

Please ride safely!

Peter

Peter - nice picture very clear.

Regarding your question on additonal picutres:

You can only upload one if you are using the manage images option - as these get loaded on the MOA server.

If you want to do more than one picture you need to host them elsewhere and then provide the image coade to display in your post.

I use Photobucket as it is free.

Luis

Back