• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Womans Riding Pants & heated pants liners

Take a look at the Olympia Airglides. They can be worn as overpants without the liner. With the liner, they are warm, comfortable, and waterproof. The biggest advantage, in my opinion, are that they are true to size and not made exclusively for Barbie types. They are listed as three-season however, I wear my year round even in the worst weather.

Another option is Gerbings. With the thermostat, she can control the temperature and set it to her liking.

I have the tourmaster air venture pants. Just using the vented pants are great in summer. Comes with the wind/waterproof liner and quilted liner. I like them. Armour fits and the liners work well.

Also, I wear lady Dragon jeans. The denim looks good and is on the heavier side so it keeps you warm in cooler temps.

Also, I wear lady Dragon jeans. The denim looks good and is on the heavier side so it keeps you warm in cooler temps.

I have dragon jeans as well but rarely wear them. I find the kevlar uncomfortable and hot.

Steve - just went to the Gerbing site and they are now carrying outerwear

Here is the link, they look very good.

From the perspective from my wife who has ridden in the back of all my bikes and who now rides her own, she can attest to the fact that you are colder in the back. With the knowledge we have now, she would definitely get the gerbing over any other type of pants if she was to become relegated to the back of my bike again.

Mary says that her leather outfit and the Safe 'n' Warm jacket liner keep her warm head to toe. We're just real fans of leather (yes it can be warm but it can also shield me from that K1100 heat). - Bob

MrsK has had great luck with the BMW stuff. It's not cheap, but man, it's durable and works really, really well. She's had a couple sizes of Savannah pants and now has the Comfort Shell pants.

MrsK has had great luck with the BMW stuff. It's not cheap, but man, it's durable and works really, really well. She's had a couple sizes of Savannah pants and now has the Comfort Shell pants.
Yeah I have the Santiago Jacket and pants and I think they are awesome. The pants a little cool in fall but I don't wear pants liners.

Semper_Fi said:
Steve - just went to the Gerbing site and they are now carrying outerwear

Here is the link, they look very good.

From the perspective from my wife who has ridden in the back of all my bikes and who now rides her own, she can attest to the fact that you are colder in the back. With the knowledge we have now, she would definitely get the gerbing over any other type of pants if she was to become relegated to the back of my bike again.
They seem like they could be a good solution but I wonder if they can be used in summer?

I think she is leaning towards the FG Escape pants and Gerbings liners. Unfortunately there are no FG dealers in our area. The closest we could find is out your way Luis.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions so far.

Bob I will ask if she wants to check out the leather pants. I am sure I would like them. :dance

Riding Gear for women

My SO got me the yellow Olympia jacket for high vis. Then for last Christmas he got me insulated leather chaps. :love:hug:dance

Remember when you start getting her gear, she will always appreciate more.:love

Also be sure she has a helmet that appeals to her. There are some pretty ones available now. Found mine at a place called Cycle Gear. For some reason folks were shocked when I opted for a colorful one instead of my standard white. Told me it didn't look like me. I told them this was the real me, not someone elses idea of what I should or should not wear!:thumb

My SO got me the yellow Olympia jacket for high vis. Then for last Christmas he got me insulated leather chaps. :love:hug:dance

Remember when you start getting her gear, she will always appreciate more.:love

Also be sure she has a helmet that appeals to her. There are some pretty ones available now. Found mine at a place called Cycle Gear. For some reason folks were shocked when I opted for a colorful one instead of my standard white. Told me it didn't look like me. I told them this was the real me, not someone elses idea of what I should or should not wear!:thumb
Well she is very well geared up and already and has a helmet. She picked it out herself.
I think we are going to give the Firstgear Escape pants a try and see how they work out. We have plenty of time before the riding season.

Just went through the insanity with my wife last year.

She is 5'10" slender and has long legs. we tried every thing in the book. only thing that worked was the Tourmaster venture airpant. it is not vented but does have a removable liner for real cold weather.

She has not tried them in hot weather yet but I forsee a mesh pant for summer to go with her mesh jacket. Yikes another shopping nightmare.

They are still a bit short in the leg, but fit pretty good. not flood length but just above the ankle in riding position. she rides a 07 F650GS

Tried first gear, olympia, any thing that was less than$250.00

Dealers are now dealing with crappy return policies and it makes it hard for them to order in to try it on.

Best of luck as women seem to have a much greater difference in size & shape even in the same height and weight aspect. Mkaing it a super pain. Plus much in the sub $200.00 range is designed for a 5'4" 110lb cheerleader.

Best of luck as women seem to have a much greater difference in size & shape even in the same height and weight aspect. Mkaing it a super pain. Plus much in the sub $200.00 range is designed for a 5'4" 110lb cheerleader.

Finally! A man who understands our dilemma!

Just went through the insanity with my wife last year.

She is 5'10" slender and has long legs. we tried every thing in the book. only thing that worked was the Tourmaster venture airpant. it is not vented but does have a removable liner for real cold weather.

She has not tried them in hot weather yet but I forsee a mesh pant for summer to go with her mesh jacket. Yikes another shopping nightmare.

I wear the tourmaster venture airpants. I'm 5'8" and the length is okay on the bike. They could be alittle longer on the bike but my boots cover what is exposed. The mesh pant (liners removed) work great in summer. Very cool and comfortable. If it's chilly I"ll put a pair of tights under them and it's just enough. I think your wife will be pleased once she tries them in the warm weather.

I've caught the velcro tab at the ankle a few times on the brake pedal but that was probably because I didn't close them properly. Now I make sure the velcro is attached properly before I ride.

For the money, these armoured pants can't be beat. With the waterproof liner and quilt liner, they are toasty warm. With just the waterproof liner only they keep you dry.

I got lucky buying these pants on my first purchase. :thumb

i can't tell you how many

pieces of riding gear (and gloves) my wife has tried (and rejected).

We have found an Olympia jacket, FG pants, and Gerbing heated jacket will get her through just about any kind of weather condition.

Now if we could find her a pair of quality gloves that i didn't have to "adjust" to her specifications.... :bolt

sdc

Olympia gear has good liners that come with their riding gear. I have never had my legs get cold. What you could do is get Olympia riding pants and maybe buy heavy expedition insulated underwear from Wickers. Wickers insulated underwear is very nice and keeps me warm.

I also have a heated jacket from Warm N Safe that keeps me very warm.

Soon, I will invest in heated socks but right now I am getting buy with what I use to keep myself warm in the winter.

For my hands, I use Hippo Hands and they keep my hands pretty warm using heated grips.

But do look at Olympia products... look into Wickers Heavy Expedition insulated underwear. Also MOA and Aerostitch have windshirts, I would also look into getting windshirt from either place as that does make a big difference too.

And if your still cold on the last resort... rainsuits also work good.

And if your face is cold in the winter, look into wearing Baclava.

I hope this helps.

We did look at the Olympia gear before I bought her the Belice pants. I may try and have her check them out again.

hey Steve you may know this lady but she loves the leather fit....( don't mind that odd looking duck beside her)... leather is the way to go.

651895314_jUbVD-X3-1.jpg

Back