• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Denali LED Driving/Fog Lights

grahamm

I have a pair of the Vision X Euro pattern lights on my F800GS. I have them mounted on the engine bars below the radiator so they make a noticable visual cue and are not simply blended in with the headlight to maximize the conspicuity benifits. I wanted them mainly for conspicuity since I don't very often ride in the dark, but I can assure the doubters that they do provide very usefull lighting in the dark. I know this from testing in a 1 km long tunnel on an old rail bed trail I rode out in BC last summer. The tunnel was on a curve, so in the middle it was totally black. I tried shutting off the lights and the difference in visibility was noticable. The trail surface in the tunnel was uneven, wet and was covered with the large stones used for the original railway bed. With just the headlight, it was difficult to read the surface and control the bike. With the LEDs on adding in the increased light, it was much better and I could see farther ahead as well.

exactly what I am looking in the LEDs as well ;) On the P2D rally we end up on some challenging dual track trails at dusk and into the early evening, with a single bright headlight you don't get the spread to light up the terrain to satisfy your peripheral vision.

my set came in :) very happy... at .75amps each makes them very impressive. They also cam with extra connectors are 2 sets of brackets, that means I can wired and set mounting on Both the KTM and R100GS and just switch the units back and forth :)

Low beam only H4 55W
Denali005.jpg

Low beam & LEDs
Denali006.jpg

High Beam only H4 60W
Denali003.jpg

High Beam & LEDs
Denali004.jpg

View from front
Denali007.jpg

Mounting
Denali010-1.jpg