• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ride-2-Q again this year?

But bud....we talkin' Q here man! I wish I could go...believe me...however we are headed to "the happiest place in the world" (disney) with the grandkids. you know...me and Mickey! You guys be safe and have fun...I know you will eat well! :thumb

You know that Mickey can not cast a vote for you in the MOA election, right? :dunno:laugh

If you all are heading up 209 anyways why not have Breakfast at G.R.I.T.S country cafe on 209 in Spring Creek.
Also for the GS crowd (and those who treat thier RTs like a gs) a detour to Max Patch may be in order, a Mountain top Bald on the AT less then 8 (5 dirt, mud and some ballast stones) miles off 209. Think opening shots of the Sound of Music.

If you all are heading up 209 anyways why not have Breakfast at G.R.I.T.S country cafe on 209 in Spring Creek.
Also for the GS crowd (and those who treat thier RTs like a gs) a detour to Max Patch may be in order, a Mountain top Bald on the AT less then 8 (5 dirt, mud and some ballast stones) miles off 209. Think opening shots of the Sound of Music.

i really like GRITS.... eat there often. (GRITS stands for "Girls Raised in the South)

There's also a pretty good spot in Trust, and of course my personal fave, the Smoky Mountain Diner in Hot Springs. :eat

wonder if i can get people to ride that far before breakfast? :whistle

current plan is either duvall's in waynesville or Dean's Haywood Cafe @ 209 & I-40.

ian

ps => capecod... are you that guy i met one day on 209, riding the black ducati multistrada?

pps => don't *even* tempt me with Max Patch. it's hard enough laying out an all-pavement ride as it is!!!

Last edited:
ian

ps => capecod... are you that guy i met one day on 209, riding the black ducati multistrada?

pps => don't *even* tempt me with Max Patch. it's hard enough laying out an all-pavement ride as it is!!!

Hey Ian no I am on a Silver R12RT
and I wouldn't want to tempt you with MP :)
865920109_rmaeR-L.jpg

Changed Oil
Changed Tranny oil
Changed final drive oil
Adjusted valves
found gounding problem on Hall sensor (hope it holds no time for new one)
Cleaned "some"

Ready for Q

Wade

What a bunch of wimps!!

Here at BRMC since Ths with a great group of FJR guys from all over (about 55 of them) and only my RT and one other RT who happens to ride with the FJR bunch.

FWIW, I found NO rain riding the area until a brief 20 min shower Sat afternoon though it rained Fri night. Some of the FJR guys found some in alternate valleys but everyone has been out riding....

At that time Fri I was eating dinner at Ceviche in Waynesville, washing it down with some Highland Abbey Ale.

+1 on weather channel riders and, no I didn't see the note.

There were very few Hardleys at BRMC- only 3, one of which actually had stock pipes. Everything there was an FJR with the exception of a couple Triumphs, a Duc, a GS 1150, a couple R1200RTs (one mine) and and 3 V Stroms. Aside from the FJR guys meet, there was an ADV ride and a V Strom ride nearby. While riding around I also ran into car groups of Miatas, Porsches and MG-TDs and I didn't even go anywhere near the Dragon.....Did see a few small Hardley group rides, also.

Riding back to Wilmington on Sun was also nearly weather free- only about 15 miles of a shower band at the usual location about 30-40 miles inland from Wilmington where the ocean influence meets inland air masses.

Maybe next year......

No Weather Channel for me; I've just been fairly short on both time off and available cash lately. My life sucks.

Back