Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Ride-2-Q again this year?

I'm working very hard rearranging schedules to make it to my 2nd Annual Ride-2-Q.

Stayed at BRMC last year during the Rally and had a great time.

WOO WOO look like things are coming together nicely and I will be there after all!

Ambassador since 1984 macstudley's Avatar
    I was at BRMC last weekend and was told the kitchen may not open this year. We had dinner at Pisgah Inn on the Parkway, which is a nice twisty ride from the campground.

Mac McEnheimer

Quote Originally Posted by macstudley View Post
    I was at BRMC last weekend and was told the kitchen may not open this year. We had dinner at Pisgah Inn on the Parkway, which is a nice twisty ride from the campground.

Mac McEnheimer
    well, we'll be eating Q!

Unhappy

I missed the Ride-2-Q last year due to work, and this year I'll be missing it for the same reason! ARRRGH...

If anyone plans to stop in at the Windy Hill BBQ, I've got some bad news: THEY ARE CLOSING and April 22 will be their last day of business. Steve's Q and Cindy's sides and desserts will sure be missed (as those who sampled it last year will know). I might have to make a ride up there next week for one final Hogzilla.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSlash5 View Post
    I missed the Ride-2-Q last year due to work, and this year I'll be missing it for the same reason! ARRRGH...

If anyone plans to stop in at the Windy Hill BBQ, I've got some bad news: THEY ARE CLOSING and April 22 will be their last day of business. Steve's Q and Cindy's sides and desserts will sure be missed (as those who sampled it last year will know). I might have to make a ride up there next week for one final Hogzilla.
    man, that is bad news. that hogzilla was one of the best in a long time, peach cobbler, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    man, that is bad news. that hogzilla was one of the best in a long time, peach cobbler, too!

Peach cobbler, what peach cobbler??????

Oh right, SOMEONE ate it all.

Dang, I sure get hungry looking at that sandwich. It was really great. He was a Airhead IIRC with pics of the bike to show us.

well, we'll be eating Q!
    Where are we going to find a Q joint open for breakfast?

Mac

Where are we going to find a Q joint open for breakfast?

Mac
    breakfast? BREAKFAST?

we don't need no stinkin' breakfast!

i'm gonna suggest that saturday morning we head into waynesville and eat.

from there it will be up nc209 to Hot Springs and beyond.

the hard part is getting everyone going early enough!

(if it were me, i'd ride the 1.5 hours to Hot Springs and eat at the Smokey Mountain Diner, but.....)

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom

Breakfast

breakfast? BREAKFAST?

we don't need no stinkin' breakfast!

i'm gonna suggest that saturday morning we head into waynesville and eat.

from there it will be up nc209 to Hot Springs and beyond.

the hard part is getting everyone going early enough!

(if it were me, i'd ride the 1.5 hours to Hot Springs and eat at the Smokey Mountain Diner, but.....)

ian
    Tommy and I won't make it in time for breakfast and it sounds like we'll miss lunch also since you're leaving straight from breakfast. Have you been to Duvall's on south Main St. in Waynesville for breakfast?

Do you have plans on which Q joint you're going to for dinner on Saturday? Hopefully we can rendezvous with you if you're not coming back to the campground before dinner.

Mac

Tommy and I won't make it in time for breakfast and it sounds like we'll miss lunch also since you're leaving straight from breakfast. Have you been to Duvall's on south Main St. in Waynesville for breakfast?
    that's where i was thinking of.... or the pisgah inn if i can get people moving early enough.

Do you have plans on which Q joint you're going to for dinner on Saturday? Hopefully we can rendezvous with you if you're not coming back to the campground before dinner.

Mac
    i *think* that for supper on saturday we're going to shoot for 12 Bones over in Arden:

3578 Sweeten Creek Rd Arden, NC 28704

phone 828-687-1395

i will call you off-line and twist your arm so that you and tommy get up EARLY so that you don't miss the ride.

in about a week, i am going to take a roll-call here, because the 12 bones place is pretty busy, and they do serve parties if we make a reservation.

ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by visian View Post
    that's where i was thinking of.... Or the pisgah inn if i can get people moving early enough.

I *think* that for supper on saturday we're going to shoot for 12 bones over in arden:

3578 sweeten creek rd arden, nc 28704

phone 828-687-1395

i will call you off-line and twist your arm so that you and tommy get up early so that you don't miss the ride.

in about a week, i am going to take a roll-call here, because the 12 bones place is pretty busy, and they do serve parties if we make a reservation.

Ian

in

If you leave the campground and head west, just past the intersection with 215 there is a local diner where the "good old boys" eat breakfast in the morning.

Nothing fancy, just good old country cooking. DAMHIK

Now how early do we have to get up to go to Waynesville and eat breakfast?

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    If you leave the campground and head west, just past the intersection with 215 there is a local diner where the "good old boys" eat breakfast in the morning.

Nothing fancy, just good old country cooking. DAMHIK

Now how early do we have to get up to go to Waynesville and eat breakfast?
    yes, i know that spot... intersection of 276 and 215. i've eaten there a few times myself.

the "gotta get up early" place is the Pisagah Inn, on the BRP. it's not far from BRMC, but it adds distance to our morning ride. if we can get rolling by 8, we can ride up there and have breakfast with a killer view of the south carolina highlands.

then, a set of twisty roads you won't ever forget will take us to Phil's by lunch.

i've noticed that 12 Bones does take out orders, similar to Ridgewood last year.

but we have to order ahead, so i am going to need a body count probably at the end of next week.

OK all...got bad news, or some of you may think its good news. I will not be able to attend the 2nd annual Ride 2 Q. I really hate that I can't make it, but it seems that my lovely wife would like the two of us to attend a Rodeo. yea you read that right. cow sh#@, horse sh$# and Cowboys that think they can ride. we all know what real men & women ride..Right? anyhow I've been out voted and can't make the ride. I hope to see many of you at the Georgia Mtn. Rally, and at the Great Chicken Rally.
    AKA SNAPGADGET
    Lifes too short to ride an ugly Motorcycle