Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ride-2-Q again this year?

if we want guaranteed perfect weather, i suggest mother's day weekend... since that's the weekend after the georgia mountain rally (when it always rains).

i am up for earlier, though.

the leaves are back on the trees up there by mid-april, latest.

ian

(oh, and i can definitely see some opportunities for paved and non-paved route alternatives.....)
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom

Ok where do we meet up?

Ian,

This sound interesting!

I'd like to have a heads up on this ride. I live down here in Sandersville, GA and it's quite a ride to Atl. Is there a place/time to meet up w/ this crew near the N. GA mountains?

If its not too much trouble, if I miss you-all at the meet up, I'm ok w/ that, you just keep on gettin' it. I'll find my way home. Please advise.

thanx,

Len

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    if we want guaranteed perfect weather, i suggest mother's day weekend... since that's the weekend after the georgia mountain rally (when it always rains).

i am up for earlier, though.

the leaves are back on the trees up there by mid-april, latest.

ian

(oh, and i can definitely see some opportunities for paved and non-paved route alternatives.....)
    The only day I know I won't be there is mothers day.

Mothers Day would be tough for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by brprider679 View Post
    My mother is 85 and been after me to take her for a ride again ( I last took her on her 80th birthday). Hmmm...she likes Q too! (kidding you guys...just kidding...cause she doesn't care much for the offroad stuff )
    Vance Harrelson
    2019 Rally Chair
    MOA Foundation Director / Ambassador
    R1200GSA "Buck" / G310GS "Tiny"

Quote Originally Posted by lenrt1200st View Post
    Ian,

This sound interesting!

I'd like to have a heads up on this ride. I live down here in Sandersville, GA and it's quite a ride to Atl. Is there a place/time to meet up w/ this crew near the N. GA mountains?

If its not too much trouble, if I miss you-all at the meet up, I'm ok w/ that, you just keep on gettin' it. I'll find my way home. Please advise.
    hey len - i ride through sandersville as i take the back way to bike week... great little town.

if you'd like to ride-2-Q together, the best place to meet up is probably clayton, ga.

ian
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    The only day I know I won't be there is mothers day.
    Quote Originally Posted by brprider679 View Post
    yeah, i assumed many will say this.

i sure wish it weren't the case, because the weather is perfect that weekend, every year.

yeah, i assumed many will say this.

i sure wish it weren't the case, because the weather is perfect that weekend, every year.
    So shouldn't the GA Mtn Rally be held that weekend to insure good weather?

hey len - i ride through sandersville as i take the back way to bike week... great little town.

if you'd like to ride-2-Q together, the best place to meet up is probably clayton, ga.

ian
    Ian,

Clayton, GA now I like the sound of that! I'll be looking for infor as the ride approaches.

Thx,
    Len

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    No question about it. That was a great cake!
    for those who weren't there, that stainless steel container was full of hot water. you dipped the knife into the water so that is sliced cleanly through the cake.

ol' cal came prepared!

I missed the Ride-2-Q last year due to work, but if the date fits in with my business schedule this year, I will be there!
    I did get up to Sparta and had some of that Windy Hill BBQ back in mid December though.
    Speaking of the Georgia Mountain Reggata, where is the best BBQ in that area?

Maybe we can arrange the ride-2-q around the Asheville Bikefest that was just announced. May 13-16

Wade
    I love em cause Dueces are Wild !!!!!! My 2001 R1100RL

"There is no honor in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent"

Quote Originally Posted by 308nut View Post
    Maybe we can arrange the ride-2-q around the Asheville Bikefest that was just announced. May 13-16

Wade
    hey, that sounds like a good idea.

there just so happens to be a really good Q joint right near the rally.

http://www.12bones.com/ (Arden location... open on Saturday )

if we want to move the campground east a bit, i know a *very* good spot near Hot Springs that is smack dab in the middle of some of the best riding in the area....

ian

I found out about 12 Bones a few months ago. Two thumbs up for sure!
    The Asheville area is blessed with good to excellent Q joints.

ok... it's time to get serious here... let's set a date and location.

after further reflection, i believe the ironhorse lodge may be a tad too far west for truly great Q (i could be wrong...).

i know of two good options (well, i know of more, but here are two good options!) for the magic combination of ridin', eatin' and campin'

Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground

or...

Rocky Bluff Campground near Hot Springs.

Date: Wade's idea of May 14-15 sounds good to me... not too hot and hopefully not too rainy.

what say ye?

ian

ps => this puts us closer to an *outstanding* place we missed last year: Phil's Dream Pit BBQ. (1 exit north of last year's rally...) i had the most excellent dry-rub ribs there....

pps => we're also close to The Fiddlin' Pig....