• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ride-2-Q again this year?

I remember hearing about this one. I would sure be interested in it if it comes together...standing by...:eat

It's about the ride, not the destination.

But you are going to have to dial down your speed by about 50% if I am ever going to have a chance of keeping up. :bow:D

There is an excellent Q restaurant in Ennice, NC (close to Sparta, NC) off the Blue Ridge Parkway, called Saddle Mt. Restaurant. They serve "Lexington" style and are known as one of the better hidden bar-b-q gems in the area. If you want to add this one to the list I'll be glad to set it up. There is also a well known motorcycle camping spot close by called "Willville."

Might be a bit chilly to camp there depending on what month this event takes place. I'll also be glad to contact Will if the group wants to camp at his place.

There is an excellent Q restaurant in Ennice, NC (close to Sparta, NC) off the Blue Ridge Parkway, called Saddle Mt. Restaurant. They serve "Lexington" style and are known as one of the better hidden bar-b-q gems in the area. If you want to add this one to the list I'll be glad to set it up. There is also a well known motorcycle camping spot close by called "Willville."

Might be a bit chilly to camp there depending on what month this event takes place. I'll also be glad to contact Will if the group wants to camp at his place.

ya know, willville is another great option for the meeting.

last year we went to windy hill bbq, which was also just off the BRP, south of sparta. here's the ride report.

ian

it was fun. :nod

perhaps this time around we could center at some place like the ironhorse lodge and sample the Q in that neck of the woods.

i know some roads..... :evil

ian

That sounds good. Are many of those roads you know....paved? (Bud might want to know) :nyah
Throw out some dates...my schedule is already filling up. Man this thing called work is really gettin in my way! But I do love the Q!

Count me in! I wanted to go last year,but didn't make it. Someone throw out some dates. The weather is starting to come around (57 today, 65 tomorrow.:clap) The mountains may be a little cool yet.:dunno

if we want guaranteed perfect weather, i suggest mother's day weekend... since that's the weekend after the georgia mountain rally (when it always rains).

i am up for earlier, though.

the leaves are back on the trees up there by mid-april, latest.

ian

(oh, and i can definitely see some opportunities for paved and non-paved route alternatives.....)

Ok where do we meet up?

Ian,

This sound interesting!

I'd like to have a heads up on this ride. I live down here in Sandersville, GA and it's quite a ride to Atl. Is there a place/time to meet up w/ this crew near the N. GA mountains?

If its not too much trouble, if I miss you-all at the meet up, I'm ok w/ that, you just keep on gettin' it. I'll find my way home.:D Please advise.

thanx,

Len

if we want guaranteed perfect weather, i suggest mother's day weekend... since that's the weekend after the georgia mountain rally (when it always rains).

i am up for earlier, though.

the leaves are back on the trees up there by mid-april, latest.

ian

(oh, and i can definitely see some opportunities for paved and non-paved route alternatives.....)

The only day I know I won't be there is mothers day. :cry

Mothers Day would be tough for me as well.

My mother is 85 and been after me to take her for a ride again ( I last took her on her 80th birthday). Hmmm...she likes Q too! (kidding you guys...just kidding...cause she doesn't care much for the offroad stuff :) )

Back