• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member in Southern NM

pmills

Mountain Geek
Hello All,
I am recently widowed, and some friends talked me into an R1200 GS Adventure to use as part of finding a new life. To me there was something very powerful about the call of a motorcycle and the possible adventures that it represents.

So, my Adventure is supposed to be deliverd this week, and I can hardly wait. I did my MSF classes last weekend and bought a KLR 650 to use as a learning bike. I assumed that broken Kawasaki plastic would be a lot cheaper than broken BMW plastic. :laugh

I took my first highway ride yesterday, and it was probably the first time I have smiled with total sincerity since my wife died. I made some mistakes, but wow, this is the place to be!

Phil

Hello All,
I am recently widowed, and some friends talked me into an R1200 GS Adventure to use as part of finding a new life. To me there was something very powerful about the call of a motorcycle and the possible adventures that it represents.

So, my Adventure is supposed to be deliverd this week, and I can hardly wait. I did my MSF classes last weekend and bought a KLR 650 to use as a learning bike. I assumed that broken Kawasaki plastic would be a lot cheaper than broken BMW plastic. :laugh

I took my first highway ride yesterday, and it was probably the first time I have smiled with total sincerity since my wife died. I made some mistakes, but wow, this is the place to be!

Phil
My younger brother has had a KLR for years. Loves it.

Wilkommen!

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your new ride. Take it easy and get used to that new bike. Once accustomed to it you will most likely want to discover new "Adventure" for real! Stay tuned here and to the ON magazine for many of those opportunities. Most of all be safe and enjoy!

Welcome Phil. Glad to have you here as a new member.

Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun riding when the weather is a little better.

Check out the Chartered Club for instant BMW friends.

Back