• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member in Louisiana

G

Gravity

I'm in Mandeville, north of New Orleans. I joined a few years ago, even before I had my first bike, and learned a great deal about safe riding. I have since taken the MSF and logged many, many miles on 6 different bikes. The current steed is a K1300S that I am taking to AZ in February.

Just saying hello,

Gravity (aka Tom)

Welcome Tom,come often,and let us see a pic of your scoot.I'm guessing you deal at Hebert's? If so,next time yer in there,say hi to Cory,Lisa, and Chrissy for me,I really like that place,they always treat you right at that shop.

Gravity is such a great name. Surprised it wasn't already taken.

Welcome to the family. Looking forward to seeing a picture of your bike. Hope the weather has not been too cold for riding down there.

PS Your name reminds me of the "Two Rules":

1. Water is harder than rock.

2. Gravity always wins.

Post again real soon.

HI Gravity (Tom)! As Bud notes Gravity is a great name. And yes..it does always win! Good to have you.

Welcome aboard Gravity! There are lots of good folks in the BMW community down your way and clubs as well. Should be plenty of "trouble" for you to easily get into! Welcome!

Welcome to the site Tom.
I emailed you a few years back when I went to Mandeville to work for a month on hurricane cleanup.
I see you're back on a K bike. I think in 07 you were on a K1200RS, then maybe bought a GS???.
Hope things are going well for you.

Yes, I have had a few bikes since then. The k1200R Sport I sold to my little brother in Vegas. I was bike-less for a few months then a k1300S fell into my lap. I'm driving that with a big grin now.

Heading for AZ in a few weeks for some training. Touring on the Ks and hoping my butt holds out. Here's a pic of the Natchez Trace ride I took last summer. It's the very long but scenic way to get to Nashville from here.

I did own an anniversary edition 2006 1150R GSA for a bit. The divorce rectified that situation and the bike is in someone else's garage now. I sure miss that bike!

Best,

Gravity

Attachments

• natchez trace k1300s small.jpg
    natchez trace k1300s small.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 40
Heading for AZ in a few weeks for some training. Touring on the Ks and hoping my butt holds out.
Gravity

Lucky dog, too much snow and cold to get out on the bikes here.
The orange S looks good.:thumb
What part of Az are you headed for?

Back