Thread: Viewing New Posts

Viewing New Posts

Okay, you log in, then you click on the "View New Posts" link. You get a list of threads. You click on a thread, but you only go to the *first* post in the thread, not the first unread post in the thread. Minor annoyance.

But...

Look in the upper left hand there is a little link "Go to first unread post" just click on it. I like to start with the first post just to refresh my memory of what the thread's all about.

MarkF

Re: But...

Originally posted by oilhed
    Look in the upper left hand there is a little link "Go to first unread post" just click on it. I like to start with the first post just to refresh my memory of what the thread's all about.

MarkF
    Yeah, I should have kept typing... the need to click on that link to get to the first unread post after clicking the "View New Posts" link on the main page is what I'm talking about. If that's what you need to do, then the initial link should read something more like, "View A List Of Threads That Have New Posts Since You Last Logged On."

Don't mind me, though, I'm just running out of stuff to complain about that really matters...

Re: Re: But...

Originally posted by ctthayer
    Yeah, I should have kept typing... the need to click on that link to get to the first unread post after clicking the "View New Posts" link on the main page is what I'm talking about. If that's what you need to do, then the initial link should read something more like, "View A List Of Threads That Have New Posts Since You Last Logged On."

Don't mind me, though, I'm just running out of stuff to complain about that really matters...
    Actually, when you get your list of new posts, you can click on the "down arrow" and you'll go to the first unread post in the thread.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Re: Re: Re: But...

Originally posted by KBasa
    Actually, when you get your list of new posts, you can click on the "down arrow" and you'll go to the first unread post in the thread.
    Ahhhh, that's what I need. Had I but poked around a bit further, I could have found out for myself -- story of my life.

Thanks!