• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member joining from OC, CA

K

Kouros

01/01/2010
Hello and Happy New Year!

Joining you from Mission Viejo in Orange County a block away from Cook's Corner (home of the HD gatherings) :dance and ready to play.

I'm returning to Motorcycles after a 20+ years of absence. I went through riders safety course and picked up a 2003 R1150RT-P. I've gone through all the bike for safety check and tuning. There is still some more work/checking to do as I plan to go on long distance rides. I've also removed the radio box and replaced it with a rear seat setup while keeping the authority guards in the front and rear.

Since I grew up in Switzerland, I'm preparing for a North Pacific Solo Tour from Socal to Calgary Canada and back as a practice run for my Swiss Alps run next summer. Below is a pic of my motorcycle.

I'm looking to forward to learn and contribute to this forum as best I can. Hope to see you on the road.

Cheers,
Kouros

kouros_s.jpg

Excellent first post. Nice photo.

Sounds like you are going to use your new bike for a lot of fun riding.

Welcome to the family. Glad to have you here and looking forward to reading your ride reports (with more pic, of course) from Europe.

welcome to the club! RT-P hmm....maybe that will help you through that CA traffic! sounds like you are getting ready to explore a bit. Don't forget to keep us updated! Stay tuned here and to the ON magazine for a host of opportunities to mix it up with other club members....Enjoy and Ride Safely!

Back