Thread: New Member joining from OC, CA

Kouros

New Member joining from OC, CA

01/01/2010
    Hello and Happy New Year!

Joining you from Mission Viejo in Orange County a block away from Cook's Corner (home of the HD gatherings) and ready to play.

I'm returning to Motorcycles after a 20+ years of absence. I went through riders safety course and picked up a 2003 R1150RT-P. I've gone through all the bike for safety check and tuning. There is still some more work/checking to do as I plan to go on long distance rides. I've also removed the radio box and replaced it with a rear seat setup while keeping the authority guards in the front and rear.

Since I grew up in Switzerland, I'm preparing for a North Pacific Solo Tour from Socal to Calgary Canada and back as a practice run for my Swiss Alps run next summer. Below is a pic of my motorcycle.

I'm looking to forward to learn and contribute to this forum as best I can. Hope to see you on the road.

Cheers,
    Kouros

Excellent first post. Nice photo.

Sounds like you are going to use your new bike for a lot of fun riding.

Welcome to the family. Glad to have you here and looking forward to reading your ride reports (with more pic, of course) from Europe.

welcome to the club! RT-P hmm....maybe that will help you through that CA traffic! sounds like you are getting ready to explore a bit. Don't forget to keep us updated! Stay tuned here and to the ON magazine for a host of opportunities to mix it up with other club members....Enjoy and Ride Safely!
    Vance Harrelson
    2019 Rally Chair
    MOA Foundation Director / Ambassador
    R1200GSA "Buck" / G310GS "Tiny"