• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Dreaming of summer

Malaszka

Sitting here looking at my new riding boots that I got for Christmas and outside the sun is glinting off of the ice and snow from a record blizzard that swept through the Dakotas.

What would really cheer me up is hearing some "visuals" from your favorite rides. Like coming off Togwotee Pass and seeing the Tetons shimmering in the sun. Or that strange shoe tree outside of Mt. Vernon, OR or the road down into Flaming Gorge.

Sigh! Summer is so far away.

I also received new boots for Christmas!
My visual to get me through is riding in Colorado in 2007, through RMNP and over McClure Pass on my way to the TOR rally.

My visual is that mid-summer early morning ride through the Kettle Moraine State Forest, here in Wisconsin. The sun pushing through the trees, casting horizontal prisms of pink and blue light through the morning mist. Occasionally there are openings where the fields, overrun with wild flowers glisten - as the sun greedily sparkles on the drops of dew on the Queen Anne's Lace, thistle, and Brown-Eyed Susans. I have the road to myself. All is peaceful.

For years living in Iowa, we had rare days during the winter when we could ride. It's amazing how incredibly alive I would feel after coming back from one of those rides! Even now it brings a big grin to remember the rush of adrenaline!

And there's no high quite like the first ride in the spring!

Voni
sMiling

Waiting for the Snow to Melt...

Ahh, I too am dreaming and waiting for old manwinter to go to sleep so that Spring can come. Because all the paperwork and e.t.c. stuff is done from our accident to which we are the proud new owners of a 2009 K1200lt. So we have been EVER so paitient in our wait of 2years-2months-and 12 days to be able to have the fun and joy of riding again. Only now to still be paitent for the warm weather.

My visual is that mid-summer early morning ride through the Kettle Moraine State Forest, here in Wisconsin. The sun pushing through the trees, casting horizontal prisms of pink and blue light through the morning mist. Occasionally there are openings where the fields, overrun with wild flowers glisten - as the sun greedily sparkles on the drops of dew on the Queen Anne's Lace, thistle, and Brown-Eyed Susans. I have the road to myself. All is peaceful.

Love the way you draw the picture, Sue.
Malaszka, your thread made me re-live my ride report from this past fall.
http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=39747
If you didn't get the chance, I would invite you to visit the thread.
Thank you for reminding me to "re-ride"

Nice report! It would be fun to do a report but I think I'd have so much fun riding that I'd forget to do regular entries! I did 6,000 miles last summer and am hoping to do more this coming summer.

Yesterday I got to be in the garage for a few hours taking the motor out of one of my race bikes to get it ready for the up coming season. Ladies, the riding season will be here soon. So make sure you oil/clean your leathers, clean the bugs from your helmet and order the parts that you to fix your bike (or schedule the appointment with the dealer).

Becky

dreaming of warmer weather

The motorcycles are in the garage!!!Terry

Attachments

• winter09-10 007.jpg
    winter09-10 007.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 174
Whew, it's refreshing to see such a post. The other forums have been a bit tense lately. Glade we have this room to come to.
My back is sore from shoveling, but the fresh coat of white in the yard is nice to see. Don't forget to feed the birds. (unless you're a cat lover, of course).

Oh yea! Have you ever done Naturita to Gateway?! It's not too far from Paonia. A great day ride.

P7246188-1med.jpg

P7246217.JPG

P7246227-2.jpg

Leaving tomorrow for New Zeland and Hawaii on the way home. Should be summer very soon for us!

Voni
sMiling

Wow! Thank you Darryl! It's true that a picture is worth a thousand words!
So Voni, I know I'm a little old, but would you care to adopt me?!

Leaving tomorrow for New Zeland and Hawaii on the way home. Should be summer very soon for us!

Voni
sMiling

Have a wonderful time. Hope you can rent some bikes for a day or two. Enjoy. I know you'll be thinking of us.:brow:D

Voni
sMiling

Have a great trip! I want to go back to NZ, I had a great time riding around there.

Wow! Thank you Darryl! It's true that a picture is worth a thousand words!

We 'discovered' CO-145 a couple years ago at the TOR rally and had a really, really, really! good time on it.

Then we came out to the junction with US-50 and there was a CO Highway Patrol car in line directly in front of us. If he had seen us at any other time in the previous hour... :nono

I live in Spokane Washington, and I am unable to ride for most of winter. I stare at our motorcycles often, wishing it were warm enough to ride. We just bought a 2007 F800ST, I hauled it home in the snow, and park in without even a test ride. Winter is a good time to plan for the trips to come. I am already mapping out routed to rallies I would like to go to and thinking of any gear I may need to get. I know the first warm day we get, I will be out riding and enjoying it that much more since I appreciate the time I get in the warmer months! Hang in there ladies! We will be on the road in no time!!! :clap

It must be nice living so near to BC! Great riding.
Thinking of gear too! My b'friend gave me great boots for Christmas! What a romantic! Knows right where my heart is! And I just got an Olympia AST jacket. Some heavy spring rains to wash the gravel off and I'll be ready! I got a new (to me) bike late fall. I guess I need to take some pics and post them! More later!

Cheers

Back