• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Snow!

just a light dusting to feel all Christmassy and all. Cold but warming trend (by our standards ie 40 F) coming and there is no forcast for snow of any significance over the next couple of weeks. Dang I love that Gulf Stream water! Of course, this could all change. - Bob

..... and change it will! 5-8 inches depending on where in NS. About 8 inches in CAT country and closer to 5 up our way. Never trust a forecast! Oh well, in some ways it's a bit of fun. A bit more weight in the 4X4 box and reving up the snowthrower :dance I'll trade it for that southern Texas weather though. - Bob

This AM, about 1:30 on the East River, 12" and still coming down hard[/img]
Wow. Did you take that photo with your 1928 Kodak Brownie? Cool shot. :thumb

NYC didn't get blasted (our place in the Catskills got 13" two weeks ago), but considering the relatively mild snowfalls we've had in the past five years, this is enough to completely "quiet" the neighborhood.

View out the bedroom window, towards Central Park with Holy Trinity Lutheran on the corner.

745405995_qzND8-M.jpg

Looks like it might put a crimp on urban guerrilla riding for awhile.

Upstate? Nada - nothing - cerro! Wonderful. Nice to look at snowfall pictures from a distance.

Went out again at 4pm to remove another 6 inches before the sun went down. Snowfall stopped about 6pm here. Total unofficial accumulation on Saturday at my spot in Fairfax Va is between 18 and 20 inches. I hope it is over.

Snow must have resumed overnight; I took 2 more inches off the driveway and pipestem this morning. The sun is shining. No way to tell when the subdivision's streets will be cleared; until then we're stuck.
regards,
Mark

If it ever stops snowing I'll fire up the plow truck...it looks like about 16" so far and no end in sight.

Attachments

• snow storm 2009.jpg
    snow storm 2009.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 70
Oh that's the kiss of death.

Not at all, it slowed to a pretty dusting by the time the party ended, so the guys all went out and helped brush/scrape all the cars off for a safe drive home. Fun night with a house full of friends, tons of food and a little wine (kept it light as everyone but the host was driving). Sure would like to own a snowmobile for a week...............

I guess we got lucky, here. Over the past two days we've maybe gotten an inch or inch and a half in total. I decided to scrape the snow off the driveway which was a fast and easy task. Already the temp is just warm enough to melt off the leftover snow and then dry it off. I'd be more than happy not having a "white Christmas".

I am very sad, I only live 125 miles west of Times Square and rode this morning on my GS for the Sunday Paper ( The NY Times :rofl.) Whatever happened to all those big storms that I got first before the city that never sleeps does ?

Germany has record cold, Holland can't run trains because of severe frost and snow, Denmark has similar issues and Philladephia has record snowfall too....What's going on??:scratch ....:whistle
Please be save folks, as cleaning up snow does sometimes result in heart attacks....:cry

Some snow music for everyone... :ha

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D39Lm_HRfOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D39Lm_HRfOs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here in Klamath Falls, Oregon, it was minus 4 degrees two weeks ago.
Yesterday it was 40 degees and I took what was most likely my last ride
until May. This is about the 5th time that I thought it would be the last ride for the year. It's totally unpredictable.

Back