• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Snow!

B

BUBBAZANETTI

yay! we're getting snow this weekend, snow that might last for more than 38 minutes, snow that requires boots and everything!!! i've never seen this since moving to the big ole' city.:thumb

When I have to walk through it on the way to the car, I'll believe it. When I have to fire up the snow blower, I'll believe it. Not a moment before!

Those weather people like to hype it and then leave our hopes dashed.

When I have to walk through it on the way to the car, I'll believe it. When I have to fire up the snow blower, I'll believe it. Not a moment before!

so true

the BIG weather story last weekend was "FRIGID COLD"

it was 28

NYC is a weather wimp for sure

so true

the BIG weather story last weekend was "FRIGID COLD"

it was 28

NYC is a weather wimp for sure

I'm just hoping for less than frigid cold when I'm in NYC next (the Gig last year was a bit chilly) and no snow so my flight gets out and back would also be nice. :)

they are saying 6 or more inches with 100% certainty for the DC area. damn I wish I still had my Yamer DT 125 and DT 250, those were a blast in the snow when I lived and worked right in town in the 70's and early 80's, Rock Creek Park had some fun trails and i always got a kick out the looks on folks faces when I pulled into the parking garage totally covered in snow with a sh*t eating grin on my face!

Now I'll just sit back and enjoy the white covered ground and the view of the wetland area across the street maybe take a walk along it for a bit, but basically just wait for it to melt away over the weekend...

Snow is nice as long as it doesn't hang around too long... :lol

RM

just a light dusting to feel all Christmassy and all. Cold but warming trend (by our standards ie 40 F) coming and there is no forcast for snow of any significance over the next couple of weeks. Dang I love that Gulf Stream water! Of course, this could all change. - Bob

Oh my, are guys spoiled!! Here in the great white north, we've had over a foot of that fluffy white stuff on the ground for a couple of weeks now. We are going into what the weather pukes are calling a "warming trend." It may get all the way up to 30 this weekend. If the roads continue clear, I MIGHT get the hack out, otherwise, It's going to be another LONG Michigan winter... Vaya con Dios, Dutch

I wish we could get some for a day or two. I could load up the dogs (Jack Russells) onto my newly lifted Golfcart and have a ball.....

Thanks for the heads up...I'm headed out for bread and toilet paper.:laugh I suspect gas stations and grocery stores will be pretty busy tonight. People hear "snow" and panic.:dunno

Thanks for the heads up...I'm headed out for bread and toilet paper.:laugh I suspect gas stations and grocery stores will be pretty busy tonight. People hear "snow" and panic.:dunno

Don't forget the beer! Of couse a smart man always keeps a good supply of that on hand anyway. And vodka, and tequilla, and Crown Royal...

Don't forget the beer! Of couse a smart man always keeps a good supply of that on hand anyway. And vodka, and tequilla, and Crown Royal...

I'm dangerously low on olives for my martinis. Damn...I hope I get through the weekend.

I'm dangerously low on olives for my martinis. Damn...I hope I get through the weekend.

As we speak, I have an ICE cold Kettle One martini happening, super extra dry, I am remembering a picture of a bottle of vermouth i remember as a kid.....

We are expecting the snow tomorrow afternoon - got the snow tires on the car and got the snowblower in the garage guess i am ready

A nice Macanudo Ascot and a glass of Pauillac.
Bring on the snow! (I think we're supposed to get maybe an inch :laugh)
Larry you can bring the CR 'round later, K?

How did this thread become "What are you drinking tonight"? :bottle :lol

Wait, I can fix this!

Cold, snow; I've got your cold and snow. A New Yorker discussing cold and snow is like Tiger Woods talking about the keys to a successful marriage. :laugh

Cold, snow; I've got your cold and snow. A New Yorker discussing cold and snow is like Tiger Woods talking about the keys to a successful marriage. :laugh

Hey, watch it there Mr. Alaska, I grew up in a very, very snowy place, I know snow!:laugh

Ok, NOW I believe!!!:dance

Back