• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Alaska

nice

Way to go 'Ridge' :thumb Looking forward to more pictures and stories.

The rain is Spain falls mostly on ...........Alaska??? Hope you find some dry roads AND just remember that all that pain in the rain is actually experience and confidence.

DSCN1608.jpg

Here ya go franz. Mountain sheep (I said goats, but a local corrected me) near Muncho Lake. Can't imagine what they're grazing on. Rock and gravel salad?

And thanks copilot. Another beautiful day in B.C. mountains.

Fearless! Ya got lotsa friends :wave

Thanks Andy. That feels good to hear while on the road, going on 3 weeks so far.

Met a lot of really nice people on this trip. Lot's of Harley riders going to the HokaHey (sp?) Rally in Homer, GS riders doing the Haul Road, and a group of women from New Jersey. (I know, they were on Harleys too). But there's something about being on the wilderness quest of the Alcan that bonds people together who might otherwise just wave and keep going. One fellow I met on the way up was so concerned that I was riding alone. I saw him on the road going back and he ran up to me and gave me a big hug, saying he was happy to see I made it there and back, safely.
DSCN1597.jpg

Karen ~ When will you be coming through NW Washington? We are leaving on Sunday morn, heading east over HWY 20. Maybe we can meet you.

Karen ~ When will you be coming through NW Washington? We are leaving on Sunday morn, heading east over HWY 20. Maybe we can meet you.

Its very hot this side of the mountains, you may want to rethink your route.
Wave to me, I will be heading west on HWY 20.

Karen,

Since you left Alaska it has been day after day of bright sunny skies and temps in the 80s here in Fairbanks. Wish you had had better weather for your visit, but now you have a reason to return. :thumb

Oh noooooooo, I'm already in southern Oregon on my way to see my sister in California. But I will certainly be in Redmond next week. Hope to meet you guys.
Yes, could've used some of that 80's yesterday afternoon and this afternoon. Reached 100 each afternoon. Riding I-5, the California Chimney.:banghead

Karen,

Since you left Alaska it has been day after day of bright sunny skies and temps in the 80s here in Fairbanks. Wish you had had better weather for your visit, but now you have a reason to return. :thumb

I've never been known for patients, but the forecast was for a week of rain. And to think I could've probably seen McKinley.
You're right, a reason to visit again. Maybe a cruise one way, next time.
Hope we see you in Redmond.

Its very hot this side of the mountains, you may want to rethink your route.
Wave to me, I will be heading west on HWY 20.

I was comfortable riding all the way down TC5 to Abbotsford. Then took I-5 to Portland. Got really hot from Seattle south. But, that is all still west of 20, as you ride.

Back