• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lift

Coupon in the latest HF flyer has the 1000lb lift on sale again for $299.99. It's a great deal.
OM

Thank You

Thanks for the heads up lmo1131!

Picked mine up last Sunday. Looking forward to the next EASY oil change.

I have not had issues with it leaking. Your right on the heavy thing. I unbolt the wheel chock and lean it on the side.

If you sell the car and buy a pick-up, you can leave the lift in the middle of the space and park the truck over it.

Last edited:
The other option is to run enough 2x8s along each side with ramps on the end so the car get the clearance it needs. Just my idea for a work-around. ;-)

The other option is to run enough 2x8s along each side with ramps on the end so the car get the clearance it needs. Just my idea for a work-around. ;-)

But, then you'll trip on the the 2x8's when you're working on the lift / work bench. Besides, how are you going to get the 2x8's home without the Pick-up?

Then there's the issue of getting 2x8's.............You're in Canada, you'd have to make due with a 50x200 or something

Not really a fan of parking over a lift if you are in the "salt zone". Probably OK in the summer.
OM

...Then there's the issue of getting 2x8's.............You're in Canada, you'd have to make due with a 50x200 or something
We're bilingual here, at least as far as measurements go. Virtually all lumbar and many other things are bought and sold on the Imperial system (2x4, 2x6, etc) versus the metric system. Just one of our many quirks. ;-)

We're bilingual here, at least as far as measurements go. Virtually all lumbar and many other things are bought and sold on the Imperial system (2x4, 2x6, etc) versus the metric system. Just one of our many quirks. ;-)

Considering a 2 X 4 doesn't even measure that makes it all pretty quirky if you ask me.

Considering a 2 X 4 doesn't even measure that makes it all pretty quirky if you ask me.

If it is made of wood or laminated sheets of wood, it's dimensions are "nominal" for width and thickness. "Nominal" means a lot less that's stated on the label.

Now, if it's made of paper or shredded wood and pressed into shape with a lot of nasty glue and other carcinogens, the dimensions are actual.

So, if you want the best bang for the buck........get the stuff that will kill your health.

But, then you'll trip on the the 2x8's when you're working on the lift / work bench. Besides, how are you going to get the 2x8's home without the Pick-up?

Then there's the issue of getting 2x8's.............You're in Canada, you'd have to make due with a 50x200 or something

If it is made of wood or laminated sheets of wood, it's dimensions are "nominal" for width and thickness. "Nominal" means a lot less that's stated on the label.

Now, if it's made of paper or shredded wood and pressed into shape with a lot of nasty glue and other carcinogens, the dimensions are actual.

So, if you want the best bang for the buck........get the stuff that will kill your health.
Any chance we can just stay on motorcycle lifts?
OM

In the latest flyer, on sale (again) for $299.95. Grab your machine a Thanksgiving gift :newtoy
OM

The latest-
On their “black Friday” deal, November 24,25 and26th, the lift will be $279.99.
OM

Woking great.

The latest-
On their “black Friday” deal, November 24,25 and26th, the lift will be $279.99.
OM

I bought mine a few weeks back during "parking lot" sale. $289. It is working great for me. Easy to assemble. Good height and foot pump is easy to use.

After much thought and investigation into the many lifts available on the market, and taking into account shipping, the exchange rate on the US dollar, I found a local business who imports lifts from overseas and stocks spare parts. The lift I purchased came with a heavy duty front wheel clamp, side extensions so I could work on golf carts or ATV's and the usual front ramp to ride up onto the lift. I wanted to leave the lift in one area of my garage and not trip over it. So I busted up the floor and created a pit for the lift to sit into. I've seen it done elsewhere so I figured why not. Its working out quite well, as I can pull my boat over it to store in the rear of the house.(This bay of the garage has a door to the rear). Best part is not working off of a cold floor during the winter maintenance months.

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

Back