• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Harbor Freight Motorcycle Lift

I went to HF website and I don't see that price. Also how did you get the 20% coupon. Thanks.
The 20% coupons are pretty much a regular thing, if you are near a store you can pick up a flyer on your way through the door.
If you can visit a store, want a lift, pick it up......I will send you the coupon.
OM

My local HF stores will apply the 20% coupon on sale prices, but not on other coupon items. So, one coupon per item. Usually I find the 20% coupons in magazine and newspaper ads. If you don't usually subscribe to magazines, check for the coupon in a bike, auto or home repair mag at a newsstand. Sign up at the HF website, and they will e-mail coupons several times a month and mail a monthly flyer with coupons and sale items (though usually not the 20%-off-anything coupon).

My local HF stores will apply the 20% coupon on sale prices, but not on other coupon items. So, one coupon per item. Usually I find the 20% coupons in magazine and newspaper ads. If you don't usually subscribe to magazines, check for the coupon in a bike, auto or home repair mag at a newsstand. Sign up at the HF website, and they will e-mail coupons several times a month and mail a monthly flyer with coupons and sale items (though usually not the 20%-off-anything coupon).

Now might be that magic time to take your 20% off coupon to Harbor Freight and buy that lift.

http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-l...fd&utm_source=1021&cid=mEmail_s1021_c3415b_fd

I got the HF lift about a week ago. It was on sale for $296 during their parking lot sale. I used it today to change oil and brake fluid and it's great. I may have to slightly modify the front chock as it sets the bike too far back when you put it on the center. I have read similar posts from others who have an issue with this problem also. Can someone recommend a more heavy duty chock where I don't have to use the center stand?

IMG_20150902_101657_309.jpg

Lift

I've had one for a couple of years, and its great value even at the list price... I topped up the hydraulics first thing and it takes days to sag any appreciable amount when it's not locked, just make sure nothing is underneath it in case it does sag while you are not there. I was concerned that it would take up too much room in the shop, but now I just park one of the bikes on it.

I threw the chock away and just left the small stop plate on the end, and use the center stand or a couple of tie downs. One mod that has worked well for me was to make up some light outriggers that are braced down to the floor and swing out from the deck so that I can lay a couple of boards on them to give me somewhere to put my feet while loading. They won't take any weight except at ground level, but once the bike is on, I just lift off the boards and swing the outriggers in.

Most useful bit of gear in the shop, and it's never empty!

IMG_0405[1].jpg

Yup, but I'm not so sure they're average clerk reads it nor cares. Fwiw

The clerk just scans the coupon, the register/computer determines whether it is applicable. The 20% off generally can be applied to sale prices, but not coupon prices.

Coupon in Rider mag. for $299.99. The 20% coupon give a lot of restrictions in fine print. Can't use with other sale items etc.

There are two different models available at HF. One is part number 69904 the other is 68892. They are different sizes. One weighs 270 pounds, the other is 317. Also a 4 inch lift difference. I do believe they are the same price.

Back