• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Howdy!

Aarrff

Got a 2010 R1200GS ordered. Hope it gets here soon. I am 61 and have owned motorcycles about all my life. First machine was a "Tote Gote" with a 4 hp Briggs engine ( that was a long time ago). This is not my first BMW. I am in the mountains of western North Carolina and will be putting the new bike to work riding loops here with a combination of pavement and gravel/dirt. I'll venture out of state when Spring gets here. I know these hills and it is amazing what is out there and I can't wait! Happy Trails!

Ok!

Nice to hear from a fellow mature rider. All good wishes on the new bike. I agree that NC has superb riding. Happy holidays and a good new year to you.

Location: Near Waynesville NC, close to the Juke Box Junction at the intersection of Highways 276 and 215

Howdy to you, too. The 276/215/BRP loop near Waynesville is one of our favorite places to ride. We've stayed at the Oak Park Inn in Waynesville and ridden through your area a few times. I want to return to the area to ride beyond the pavement too -- there are so many places to explore your way -- what a great place to live.

Welcome to the forum. We're glad to have you and I'm sure you'll get lots of good information like I have during my last year since joining in Nov. 2008.

Last edited:
Welcome! Good to have you. You 're fortunate to live where you do, as there is so much wonderful riding there. I love that country.

Welcome Aboard Aarrff :wave

Just about any technical question you might have about your rides
and
where to take them touring is available here either via the search button
or
by just starting a new thread.

That bike will take you to the ends of the earth and back. Check out Jessie Bag and it becomes a combination quarter horse/mule on steroids. For s set of bags crafter especially for your bike click here.

Come back often and post a few pictures.

Paul

Howdy Aaarff great bike you are getting and awesome description of where your from.

Luckily for you you can still ride now as I have mine just about hibernated.

Welcome to the forum and check in often!

Back