• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

new member from Colorado

Dakar001

Just throwin' my hat in.
I'm 68, and a brand new member from Colorado. I bought a 2005 Dakar this spring and have had a blast riding it.
The best yet was a 300+ mile day trip over the continental divide, then north into Wyoming, a great burger at the Mangy Moose in Riverside, WY. They have a sign behind the bar that says, If you're in a hurry, you're in the wrong place." Some dude came in complaining about poor cell phone coverage. The bartender told him, "it's better if you stand at the center line on the highway." He left.
Nice, easy ride home through Laramie, then home. A great ride with good pals.
I bought my very first motorcycle just 18 months ago (a Ducati Monster) so the Dakar makes two bikes. I'm on them all the time I can.
I'm really getting into this Dakar. I just bought a new Ohlins rear shock and Wirth progressive-wound front fork springs, ordered a Renazco seat, got a Laminar Lip windscreen lip and ordered an LED rear taillight from TT.
I'll be lookin' for everyone out there, so if you ride in Colorado's mountains and someone goes by fast, riding a Dakar with a huge grin, that could be me.

WOW, Dude! I want to be just like you when I grow up.:thumb Welcome to the club!

Tom

Awesome - congrats and welcome - looks like you outfitted your bike well.

Have fun with it and welcome to the forum!

Just throwin' my hat in.
I'm 68, and a brand new member from Colorado. I bought a 2005 Dakar this spring and have had a blast riding it.
The best yet was a 300+ mile day trip over the continental divide, then north into Wyoming, a great burger at the Mangy Moose in Riverside, WY. They have a sign behind the bar that says, If you're in a hurry, you're in the wrong place." Some dude came in complaining about poor cell phone coverage. The bartender told him, "it's better if you stand at the center line on the highway." He left.
Nice, easy ride home through Laramie, then home. A great ride with good pals.
I bought my very first motorcycle just 18 months ago (a Ducati Monster) so the Dakar makes two bikes. I'm on them all the time I can.
I'm really getting into this Dakar. I just bought a new Ohlins rear shock and Wirth progressive-wound front fork springs, ordered a Renazco seat, got a Laminar Lip windscreen lip and ordered an LED rear taillight from TT.
I'll be lookin' for everyone out there, so if you ride in Colorado's mountains and someone goes by fast, riding a Dakar with a huge grin, that could be me.

No you got something wrong here. Anyone riding a bike through the Rockies will have a big grin on there face. I was just out that way in July. What a great place to ride bikes. Welcome to the Forum. Glad to hear you are having fun riding your bikes. They are great stress relievers too.

If you get up north to the Fort Collins area check our MOA chartered club, the Twisted Shaft, #241. www.twistedshaft.net A few F650s, Dakars, Monsters, 1150GSes, V-Stroms, Triumph Tigers. :dance

Thanks, Munchy. I love riding in your area, Cameron Pass to Walden and that great stretch between Masonville and the Poudre Canyon are two of my favorites. I'll catch up with you in the spring and come up for one of your meetings!

My son lives in Highlands Ranch and I grew up in Arvada.

SW Colorado is my favorite part to ride. However, Highway 285 is good as well.

Welcome to the family. Looking forward to reading some ride reports with pics when the weather warms up next spring. :thumb

Back