• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

My Aerostich Purchasing Experience

Selling the wife

Burnszilla said:
When selling my wife on any motorcycle.... She was sold.

Cliffy. I didn't see where he was ripping off UPS. What I want to know is what kind of bike and what is the going rate for a wife. Do you think he used e-bay? :confused:

Burnszilla, Nice suit, you will probally start a whole new fad. That just the way I would of order it.

I'll toss in a second vote for the "Burnzilla Custom" suit. It is also the way I'd order one. ;)

I'm starting to lay out some plans for Lima and will be stopping in Duluth (if they aren't at Lima)...

Any way to find out if Aerostich will be at Lima? (other than calling and asking)

RW

gambrinus said:
<snip>

I'm starting to lay out some plans for Lima and will be stopping in Duluth (if they aren't at Lima)...

Any way to find out if Aerostich will be at Lima? (other than calling and asking)

RW

I would suggest an email to the Vendor Rally Chair for Lima. Or a post in Rally Forum, perhaps the vendor chair is " :dunno listening"

gambrinus said:

RW

I have not seen them at a national in the last several years, but then I haven't gone to all of them either. If they were there great, but if you walk in at Deluth, you get a discount. I have gotten a discount by "totaling" a suit, they give you a discount on the replacement, but I suspect riding to Deluth is easier, more fun and hurts less. In my experience, totaling the suit doesn't hurt too badly thanks to the suit sacrificing itself, but I still recomend riding to Deluth.

I love my Darien -- ride with it always

I bought a Darien last summer, both jacket, pants and electric liner. I absolutely love it, have done 5000 miles in it so far. Mine has been waterproof, good down to the low 40s up to the high 80s. I feel very visible, very protected, and very comfortable in it.

I have a Gerbing jacket for really cold days, and prob my only complaint about the 'Stitch is the amount of heat output by the liner -- it's not enough for cold Hudson Valley weather. :)

Don't forget to use Scotchguard

One thing that I have learned in my 18 years with a Aerostich is to spray Scotchguard or some other waterproofing agent on your suit about twice a year. You should always spray a suit after it has been washed, but even if you do not wash the suit ("do you smell something? " :huh), you should spray some waterproofing on the suit once or twice a year. The stuff wears off the suit and eventually, you will get wet in places you did not want to get wet. I have learned from my mistakes! :doh

Cliffy777 said:
Neat story on how to rip off UPS. What do you do for a living? You have the money to overnight a shoulder badge but resort to trickery to return the suit when you agreed to have it shipped to you for a trial and then return it? Tsk-tsk.
Pardon my tone but I am unimpressed and I think the moderators should have deleted the "tip" on how to steal from a service provider.
Anyone figured out how I can get a free 'Stitch to ride in?

He without sin cast the first stone. :brow

Back