• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member in Texas

N

navy_grape

Hi all,

Joined BMWOA at the Dallas intl show. Just got my info and have been enjoying the site. I ride a 99 LT. Have had it since May and LOVE it. Just wanted to say hello.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum. There have been a number of new MOA members from up your way and I'm sure they'll shout out a welcome to you also. There's always something interesting or informative happening around here. If you get a chance, we're always interested in seeing bike pictures. :)

Seems we have several new state members.:dance

Welcome navy_grape...any story to the screen name? As mentioned post a pic under the K-Bike Flying Brick section when you can. Check out the regional forums and meet up with some of the other members in the state.

Nice to have you! And, as you can see their are many fellow members from Texas. Good to know if you need some ridin' partners!

There are two DFW area BMW clubs.....
Here is the one I joined; there is another in the Plano area...

http://www.bmwdfw.org/

There is also the Lone Star BMW Riders ( lonestarbmwriders.org ). If you are in the DFW area you could be like many of us and belong to both. Gives you more riding options!!!

--
Mark Jensen
2006 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure
AMA #868412
BMWMOA #149039
Lone Star BMW Riders
BMW DFW
Get SmugMug. For $5.00 off use coupon code C8inCQdSZ7jbk

Last edited:
Wow

There seems to be a good number of folks in the area. We live down in Athens.

About the screen name. I recently retired from the Navy. If you have ever seen the movies about aircraft carriers, you know we are identified by the job we do by the color of jersey we have. I was a purple shirt (AKA Fuelie) So the nickname Navy Grape has just kinda stuck.

Looking forward to getting to know some of ya'll

Cheers,
The Grape

I am amused when I watch "Dangerous Catch", a cakewalk when compared to carrier duty.
Thank you for your service and let us know what you doing and when and like that.
There are a growing number of members in Texas, I hope you get a chance to meet them all. :wave

There seems to be a good number of folks in the area. We live down in Athens.

About the screen name. I recently retired from the Navy. If you have ever seen the movies about aircraft carriers, you know we are identified by the job we do by the color of jersey we have. I was a purple shirt (AKA Fuelie) So the nickname Navy Grape has just kinda stuck.

Looking forward to getting to know some of ya'll

Cheers,
The Grape

Passed thru Athens many times on way out of the state...far enough from Big D to miss a lot of the craziness...not that's a bad thing!

I'll have to ask my son what color he wore...called himself a glorified electronics parts changer on the "jammer" jets. My mind forgets the correct name of the aircraft:scratch He was on the USS Stennis a few years back.

As mentioned...Thanks for your service:usa

C'mon down toward San Antone/Austin and meet up for a ride sometime.

www.SABMWRA.org

He was probably a green shirt working on EA-6B Prowlers.

That's the aircraft! Thanks. And I found a snapshot of him & the pilot next to the aircraft holding an Astros banner while in a green shirt. He said he got the famous two handed signal about "pulling his head out of his a** " the first day on the deck:laugh

I put a picture on the Post a photo of your K bike thread so folks can put a face with the name.

Back