• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Apropos of nothing.

kbasa

Pics I took on Saturday.

732645525_U4BJJ-L.jpg

732645842_pCtTX-L-1.jpg

That is all. I hope it helps the snowbound get through their day.

:wave

Ride well,

dave

Thank you. A year after finishing the restoration and I still haven't mucked it up.

And yes, I ride it.

A lot. :clap

That is one nice bike:clap:clap:clap. wishing my project bike turns out like that. and Hi to the forum from Calgary..

Last edited:
Dave, is this the bike you were in the accident with? I think when you were attempting to pass a pickup? Very, very nice!

Dave, is this the bike you were in the accident with? I think when you were attempting to pass a pickup? Very, very nice!

It is that bike.

I was actually Uturned by a Toyota Corolla. I'd been following them for about 5 minutes and as we reached the crest of the hill they pulled over. I started to go by them and they just pulled out and shut the door on me. I couldn't have been going more than 20 mph. I was all of about 2 miles from home.

We were just over the crest of the hill and they were making a Uturn to park to go hiking. There's a pretty signficant set of trails that pass through that point.

Now that I think about it, if you look at the top photo, that incident happened right where the road disappears. We were coming from the other direction.

And thank you for the kind thoughts. It was fun to do and I'm very pleased with it.

Beautiful job!

I'm still not 100% exactly sure what an R100CS is...but that makes for one classic looking scoot.

Last edited:
"Classic Sport".

I meant that I can't tell the differences between a CS and a plain Jane R100 except R90S fairing and handlebars.

I guess I have a generic R100-turned-RT-that-might-turn-RS. All the specs are the same. Ok, well I have that rear slowing device (drum) not a disc brake. But otherwise, it has the same hp specs, speedo, tach, clock, volt meter, wheels, seat, etc.

A /5 SWB was different. The R90S had a different cam, special paint, fairing, etc. The R100RS Motosport had a unique, limited production paint scheme, blue 3/4 seat.

Don't get me wrong, that's a fine, fine looking bike and a heck of a restoration! I'm just wondering if the CS designation was just a marketing game from das Vaterland. Am I missing something?

I don't know,man, it looks like it must be cold and I bet having the sun low and in your eyes must be really uncomfortable. There, I feel better now. Just a few more hours in my hotel room before I have to take a planeload of folks to Chicago to enjoy the first blizzard of the year.

....oh yea, nice bike.

Thanks Dave...I think.

When I pushed the bike into the garage Sunday night it had snow on it. In my little corner of fly-over-land it has been snowing off and on since then and is expected to continue for another day. This is our first real snow fall that will stay for any length of time and already I have CABIN FEVER!

Put a couple of miles on it for me, please. :thumb

Looks great!

Very nice job on fixing up the CS, Dave.

I don't think some people understand that airheads make perfectly good daily riders.

Very nice job on fixing up the CS, Dave.

I don't think some people understand that airheads make perfectly good daily riders.

I really only ride it on the weekends on nice days. The GS and the RT do all the dirty work.

i would have to say my friend, that is probably the nicest looking mostly stock BMW i know of. it's just got all the right things going for it. the fork gaiters are a nice touch. something about the 77-84'airheads just does it for me, more than any other bike the firm has produced.

I meant that I can't tell the differences between a CS and a plain Jane R100 except R90S fairing and handlebars.

I guess I have a generic R100-turned-RT-that-might-turn-RS. All the specs are the same. Ok, well I have that rear slowing device (drum) not a disc brake. But otherwise, it has the same hp specs, speedo, tach, clock, volt meter, wheels, seat, etc.

A /5 SWB was different. The R90S had a different cam, special paint, fairing, etc. The R100RS Motosport had a unique, limited production paint scheme, blue 3/4 seat.

Don't get me wrong, that's a fine, fine looking bike and a heck of a restoration! I'm just wondering if the CS designation was just a marketing game from das Vaterland. Am I missing something?

Well, it's really how bikes used to be constructed. Every manufacturer built a standard bike and us customers changed it to suit our needs. BMW was the first to design bodywork to suit different missions.

Later, as other manufacturers started to develop more specialized bikes, BMW stuck with the basic bike/different fairing methodology. That didn't really change until the oilheads came along, and, even at that, they were still broadly similar to each other. It's only recently that we've seen bikes developed that are more specialized to a specific market from BMW.

Back