• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The passing of Eddie James

J

jduke

Just saw this. Sad.

Subject: The passing of Eddie James

There are no words to describe this great loss to our community.

I am writing to inform the LD community that Eddie James passed away last
night as a result of injuries sustained in a motorcycle vs. car accident
occurring at approximately 7:30 PM on I-75 in Atlanta, Georgia. The
magnitude of this loss requires no amplification; there is so much I want to
say but find I have no words at this time, only sadness.

Additional information will be forthcoming. In the meantime, I ask that you
hold Eddie, Lisa and the family in the light of your thoughts and prayers.

Adam Wolkoff
for Team Strange Airheads, Inc.

Eddie James passes

I only met Eddie once, at an Iron Butt Rally. He and I were next to each other as we packed to go home. I was in need of something (forgot what), and Eddie asked what I needed. Whatever it was, he said he had one in his trailer, and proceeded to tear into his neat packing job to find it for me. Without even asking, he spent upwards of a quarter hour finding whatever object it was. I was surely grateful, and formed a much different opinion of him than some others, who felt he could be short and somewhat testy in the heat of riding competition.

My memory is certainly different. He was in a hurry to leave for home, yet he took a lot of time to find what I needed. Many will have wider and deeper memories of him, especially those who rode against him in so many Iron Butt rallies and events. I lifted the photo from a Team Strange web page.

If you would know more about Eddie James, try BINGing "Eddie James Iron Butt Association." You will find many mentions of him, over many years.

It appears he died with his boots on. Rest in Peace, Eddie James.

Jim Shaw

Attachments

• ed-start.jpg
    ed-start.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 376
Lisa has finalized the arrangements for Eddie's funeral services.

1:00pm this Saturday, December 12th. There will be a Visitation at 1:00pm and the Service will be held at 2:00pm. For those who attend, please be prepared to share a story or two. Eddie was a unique individual. There is no reason that his send off should be any different. We all need some humor with our tears. There will not be a cemetery service.

The location of the funeral home is: H. M. Patterson Funeral Home 173 Allen Road Sandy Springs, Ga 30328 This is in Sandy Springs - the north side of Atlanta. The funeral home is off of I-285 and Roswell Road and it's easy to find. Get off 285 atRoswell Road, go north a few hundred feet to the first street, turn left, go about 500 feet to Patterson's on the left. For the folks who will be riding, we can gather at BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta. The address is 1750 Cobb Parkway South, Marietta Ga 30060. It's a short ride to Sandy Springs so we'll leave around 12:30pm.

Hopefully we'll have a good turnout for the ride. Lisa understands that a lot of Eddie's friends from Minnesota might not be able to make it to Atlanta. She wants to have a Memorial service for him sometime in January in Minnesota. She will get that information out as soon as plans are firmed up.

Hope to see a bunch of you here this Saturday

Bob Wooldridge 404-405-3332

Voni

Fortunate to Meet Eddie Once!

I met Eddie only one time in Peru, IN. I sold him a frame to a R65 and met up with him at a local Taco Bell to deliver it to him. I bet we stood in the parking lot for an hour just talking about BMWs. I had kinda forgot about that meeting until I read this post. My prayers to all of his family and friends!

Back