Thread: Tire pressure sensor

On The Road Again

Question Tire pressure sensor

I have a '07 RT, and the tire pressure read out has gone, with a corresponding warning. Question, are their batteries in the sensors, or do the sensors have to be replaced, at $150.00 each. Yes there is air in the tire.

ssls6
    Quote Originally Posted by 30300 View Post
    I have a '07 RT, and the tire pressure read out has gone, with a corresponding warning. Question, are their batteries in the sensors, or do the sensors have to be replaced, at $150.00 each. Yes there is air in the tire.
    I doubt it is the battery. You'll need a code reader to find out what's wrong. You'll need a GT1 to change the sensor (dealer).

HeiniK
    I believe there is a battery in each sensor but I have not been able to find out the model. Next time you remove the tire, have a look at the sensor.

New2rt
    There is a battery in the sensor but they are not serviceable. I imagine they use some sort of centrifugal switch to extend the battery life (shuts them off when not in motion) If / when replaced they need to be recognized by the CU, GT1 for this, GS911 won't do it, maybe in the future.

GS-911 can also read TPM faults. No need for a dealer visit if you have one of these.

I need a cup of coffee. SSLS6 is right that you'll need a GT1 to swap the sensors. You can read fault codes with the GS-911.